I Hope...

I hope one day,

I cross your mind. I hope you turn on the radio and you hear an old song that I showed you.

I hope you're walking down the street and someone's wearing a blue dress, just like the one I did, on our very first date.

I hope you smell my perfume, of another girl when you pass by her in the grocery store.

I don't know when it'll be but when it does, I hope it hits you like a ton of fucking bricks.

I hope you stop whatever it is you're doing, and you pull out your phone. I hope you start to type about how you miss me and the way I would make you my first priority.

I hope you write about how I would bring you flowers just to see you smile, or how I would stay up all night with you on the phone, when you were upset about the stupidest little things.

I hope you remember all the little things I did and how much I went out of my way to make sure you were always okay.

I hope when you're
sitting wherever you are and you're about to hit send, you erase it.

I hope that in that moment when you're at your weakest, you realize that I'm at my strongest.

And I no longer give a damn about what you think or how
you feel.

I hope it breaks you like you once broke me.