Chapter 1

Lately this place is just a place to collect a pay check at the end of the month. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wish I could say I love my job and the things I do but I do not. At some point I think I did like it even if it was just a little. I did like it at some point.

What I really wanted to do was be an Author, to create stories. Since I was a little girl, I aspired to write books. Signing autographs for my fans but due to my father's wish I studied business instead.

Daddy gets what he wants always. What you need to do is suck it up and do what he wants. He says jump and you ask how high. With Father it is either his way or the high way. Which is his way.

I walk to my office. I work as a COO at Thompson Stock Exchange. And I really hate the job. I have many reasons to hate the job mainly because my father is a sexist man.

I could be the CEO when he retires but he wants me to marry and give that position to my husband.

He makes it clear that he wanted a bit not a girl. And unfortunately they have one child.

"Morning Ms Thompson, you have a message from your Mother and another one from Grace." She informs me. I give her a polite smile. "Mr Thompson asked to see you when you arrive." She adds

"Thank you Stacy." I take the pieces of paper from her.

I walk straight to my father's office. I greet people on my way. I am known for my politeness around the office. I am never involved in office gossip or politics.

I knock on the door once and open it. Father gesture for me to walk inside. He is listening to someone on the other line while taking notes.

I take a seat and wait for him to finish. My father's office is the definition of luxury. From the paintings to the cream white carpet. It all scream money.

"Morning father." I greet him when he is done with the phone call.

"Morning Riley. Thank you for honouring me with your presence this morning." He sarcastically says.

My father is the most sarcastic person I know. If you don't know him, you might even think he's complimenting you. Whereas he doesn't appreciate someone else's sarcasm.

He is a hippocrate I know but he is the boss. He has the money so people kiss the floor he walks on. I understand their intention; you feed his ego, he gets you places.

I try really hard not to grimace or storm out of his office to the comfort of my own. He is not in my good books right now. I am very angry at him. He knows that but does not really care.

What matters in his books is him and only him. He is a selfish man. Probably that is why he is so successful.

"I was informed you wanted to see me father?" I try to ask nicely.

"We are invited to the Greyston's this coming Friday for dinner." He tells me.

That does it for me. Father does not know his boundaries. He is being very cruel now.

He knows visiting or even mentioning the Greyston right now is torture for me but does he care? No, he only cares about money and business. Those are his children, wife, siblings and parents.

"Surely father my presence is not required." I persuade him.

I do not know why I am even trying because at the end of the day he will get what he wants.

"No no dear, your presence is required. Clear your schedule because you are going." That is no question. No room for argument.

I stand up and grab my laptop bag and had bag angrily and storm out of his office. I should have ignored him and never went to his office in the first place.