Prologue

Riley

"You mean to tell me you've never been in a relationship?" I ask in disbelief.

I laugh at him. This guy is unbelievable. He is the kind that talks a lot and jokes about everything.

His life always surrounded by drama. Something my life is right now.

"I've been in plenty of relationships." He dramatically says. "Just not the one you're talking about."

I roll my eyes at him. It' is the first time we actually talk but you will never guess that.

He is so carefree and free spirited, it is refreshing. In my world, that is rare.

"What relationship have you been in then?" I humour him by asking.

He inhale then exhale dramatically like he is about to let me in on some life secret. A smile automatically make its way to my lips.

This is the reason I come here, to rewind and relax while watching drama unfolds on front of me.

This cafe is better than any theatre play. It is better than anything Shakespeare could ever come up with.

And that is not an exaggeration.

"There are different kind of relationship." He starts like he's about to tell a tale from long ago.

"Friendship, the relationship between teacher and students, between father and son, between seller and costumer."

I listen surprisingly attentive. I have never been taught life lessons and this is close as I will ever get to that.

My friends always talk about shoes and fashion. And for a while that is what I thought life was about until it all came crashing down on me.

I realised that I have been clueless all my life. I know nothing. My father is too focused on expanding his business and my mother is helping him.

"I've been to in all of those but never been into a romantic kind." He finishes.

I raise my eyebrow at him. That just can be. Everyone has been in a relationship at some point in their life. He does have sex, that much I know.

I have seen his too many of his girlfriends shouting at him, annoying him right here in this cafe for not calling them.

"I know what you're thinking, I've never been into a romantic kind. I only do the 'friends with benefits' kind." He puts air quotes on the friends with benefit.

I laugh at him. He is the typical player but a player is not born a player. Some girl he was once in love with broke his heart.

After a heart has been broken. It transform either turn cold or learn before moving on.

"Who's broke your heart?" I ask him.

"For a heart to be broken it needs to be in love." He counters.

"Do not tell me you've never been in love because that is a lie and you know it."