Chapter 15

A life size mirror sits in front of me. I am all dolled up and wearing the most beautiful dress to ever touch human skin yet I am sad, devastated.

A dark cloud of misery looms over me. I will not lie, in the last couple of hours since I left Zayn's house. I have thought about his offer, a few times I had convinced myself to just leave it all and run.

But I am loyal, loyal to my family and my name.

"You look exquisite." Mother breaks me out of my thoughts. "A true princess, one from royalty."

I smile at her and sit down in front of the mirror admiring how beautiful the dress sits on me. It is truly a shame that it has to be worn on such a sad day.

"Mother, can you give me a minute?" I ask her hoping she leaves so I can have some last moments of peace alone.

She nods and leaves. I close my eyes and say a small prayer then open my eyes to see the beautiful girl looking back at me with sad eyes. I do not recognise her because she use to be happy and full of life.

The whole truth is, I did want to run. I had a bag packed, a car ready because a part of me wants to leave and part of me wants to help father but that is not the reason I am still here.

I had everything figured out, ready but it is like mother and father knew I wanted to bolt.

Just as I reminisce on my thoughts if running away the door opens, startling me.

I clutch my chest, my heart racing. I look through the mirror to see who it is and I am stunned to see Zayn sneaking in wearing in one of the server's uniform, granted it looks good on him.

"Zayn!" I call out to him. "What are you doing here?" I ask him surprised by his appearance here. I would think that Mark gave the guards a picture of my lover and gave strict orders not to let him in.

"Don't worry, I waited for your Mom to leave." He tells me and starts pacing back and forth. "You know, I'd like to know myself." He pauses both pacing and talking for a moment. "I don't know why I came. I just knew you wouldn't show and I just... I came here."

He stops and look at me. "Let's go. I have a car outside, you can escape this life an start one of your own."

I turn my head and look at him. He looks like he has not slept and has had half a dozen coffee.

I frown. "I am not going Zayn. I told you." I remind him.

"We both know you don't want to be here so let's go. We'll go anywhere you want, start a knew life. Together." He makes his case but I can not.

I turn my head around and look at my hands that are nibbling the pearls on my dress. "It is too late Zayn, you're too late." I say the last bit in a low voice. A very small, very tiny piece of me hating him for coming here.

"What is wrong with you?" Zayn asks me and I lift my eyes and look at him through the mirror. He seems truly puzzled by me. "Why do you do that?"

I make lock my gaze on him through the mirror in. "Do what Zayn, stand by my family?" Everything he did today, coming here, now, it hurts. It pierce my heart over an over.

He averts his gaze for a moment and look else where then his eyes are back on mine. "There should be a limit to what you can do for family." He tells me but I realised that he does not understand what family is all about. Family is all I have. "Why do you play their game, why do you let your dad sell you to some dick who doesn't give two cents about you?"

But Mark cares, he has too. I know he was not faking all those years we were together. He may be a jerk now but he cares. He loves me and over time I will learn to forgive him.

I'll Be Okay✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें