Chapter 12

Zayn chuckles in a very cold way, he sounds so bitter; angry and down right evil. I stare at his hand holding a magazine with an article about my marriage.

My hearts races in my chest, the guilt strangling me, making it hard to breath, to speak. The guilt twist my gut making me feel sick.

"So you won't say anything?" He scoffs.

For a brief second I look up at his face as find him looking right at me with an ice cold stare. I look back down ashamed and full of guilt and remorse.

My heart growing heavy by the second. "I.... I was going to tell, I swear" I mutter.

This time, Zayn laughs but not in a funny infectious way. "You are freaking engaged Riley and you are getting married in two weeks. You were engaged when you met me."

When he puts it like that it makes me feel even worse. "I'm sorry okay. I really am." My eyes starts to sting. "Please let me explain."

I stretch my arm to touch him but he yanks his hand back like my touch burns. My heart sinks and I look down.

His rejection hurts more than anything, it hurts more than seeing Mark the other day after he slept with Victoria.

My throat dries up and a lump grow on it.

"You know, for a minute there I thought you were different, decent but you're just another cheater." A whimper escapes my mouth and I try to muffle it with hand.

"Zayn!" I cry out to him with a heavy heart. My chest hurts. "Please." I beg but he does not listen.

He turns around so fast and leaves. I stand up quickly and run after him but his long strides makes it impossible to catch up. People look at me, of course I look like a mad woman with tears running down my face.

The bubble I have been leaving under for the past month has now imploded. It blew up in my face. I never wanted it to end like this.

"Zayn!" I call out to him but he hails a cab and gets in before I even have the chance to reach him.

I do not understand why he is so angry at me, it is not like we agreed to be exclusive but it still hurts seeing the disgust in his face when he looked at me.

The is one person I never wish to disappoint is the one I disappointed the most. The hurt, the betrayal look he had pierced my heart.

I want to crawl up in a ball right there on the sidewalk and cry my heart out because I just lost a good thing.

Once again I am in hell and the sky is dark again. I see no way out.

I walk back to the restaurant where I left my purse. I leave a bill for the food I ordered which I did not get to eat. I then call Josh, my driver  and tell him I am ready to leave.

He finds me waiting in front of the restaurant. As soon as he drives away I break down into silent tears and cry.

I cry because Zayn is right. No matter how much I tried to convinced myself these past month, I am a cheater, just like Mark.

When Josh tells me we are home, I stay at the car for sometime trying to calm myself and when I felt like I had my emotions under control, I get out but unfortunately Mark's car is parks in front of my car and Mark is leaning on his car.

I take one glance at him and scoff then ignore him. "Not today Mark, I am really not in the mood."

I hear his footsteps following me and heave a heavy sigh. "What is it, did your boy toy dump you?"

I freeze and slowly turn around. Mark looks  so smug and proud of himself. I start to hyperventilate, my chest going up and down. "What?" I whisper.