Happy Birthday

Word count: 287

"Let's go hunt, baby. Or we might not survive school on Monday." Emmett said as he walked towards you. You had been captivated by your book, and hadn't even noticed the dull ache in the back of your throat. It was an ache that had gotten less since you had outgrown your newborn state, but it remained, and it will remain until the end of time.
You placed your book down and quickly stood up.
"I thought you would never ask, darling." You said before jumping out of the open window and running into the forest.

Both your thirsts was soon satisfied. You made your way into a small meadow. Many flowers decorated the fresh spring ground. The air around you was calm and you could taste the dew that had formed on the grass.
"Happy Birthday, baby." Emmett said as the moon rose high above the treetops.
"Em, I stopped aging four years ago." You said, but you couldn't stop the tiny smile around your lips from appearing. It was truly endearing that he still remembered your human birthday.
"Doesn't matter. Every year that you are alive is a reason to celebrate. Especially the day that this world brought you in it." He said as he wrapped his arms around your waist, holding you close to him. You wrapped your arms around his broad shoulders and looked up into his now golden eyes.
" I love you, Em." You said as you gently ran your fingers up and down the back of his neck.
"And I love you, (Y/N)." he said and he leaned down to meet your lips with his own. This was definitely the best birthday ever. And many, many more birthdays would come.