Cowboy

Word count: 403
Halloween imagine special
Trigger warning: blood and death

You were lost and you knew it. You looked around the desert and groaned once more. The moon had risen high in the sky, spreading a white light over the sandy ground.
The searing hot temperatures that occurred during the day, had now plummet down to a freezing cold. Your teeth chattered due to the cold and you tried to wrap your cloak closer around you.
Soon, the walking through the sand and the cold had taken its toll on you and you fell to your knees, too weak to continue.

The sound of a horse whinny in the wind made you look up. Your heartbeat quickened slightly at the hope of your life being saved after all. You carefully sat up as you saw a beautiful white horse approaching you. Soon it stopped dead in its tracks as its rider declined the saddle.
He was blond, and he was very tall and lean. His skin was absolutely covered in scars, spaced most thickly together on his neck and jaw and they shone brightly in the moonlight.
His black eyes blazed and his stance exuded the barely contained violence of an angry lion.
You swallowed slightly in fear, but that fear soon faded as he gave you a small, gentle smile.
"Jasper Whitlock, ma'am. May I help you?" He said as he offered his hand. You gave a weak smile back before taking his hand.

But that was a huge mistake.
"You really shouldn't have come here so late at night, little girl." Was all he whispered before he grabbed you harshly by your hair, revealing your neck. You groaned in pain and fear. Jasper bit through your arterial blood vessel and even ripped open your wind pipe slightly, making you gargle as you tried to pry the vampire away.
Fear spread even further through your veins and your heartbeat increased significally, trying to compensate for the loss of blood in your veins. But to no avail.
Jasper seemed to enjoy the taste your adrenaline gave and drank even quicker. You soon lost your conscious and fell in the sweet bliss of death.

Jasper dropped your body to the ground, his mouth and chin still dripping with your blood. He quickly ascended back in his saddle and raised his head slightly. His now bright, red eyes focussed on the road in front of him, continuing his journey. His journey for his next prey.