Heart Monitor

It is Sunday night, and I just got done training with Nik and my dad. My arms  are screaming from overuse and exhaustion. My thighs are shaking as I walk up the stairs to my room from all the leg exercises, I make it to my room, and I grab a towel and dry the sweat from my face, and I chug at least half of my water bottle.

I am grabbing my clothes to take a shower when I feel eyes on me. I drop my clothes I have in my hands and slowly turn around, I look around my room when something hits my balcony window. I grab a gun and make my way to the door, my hand clenches the handle and brings it down until I hear the click signaling that it is open. I tentatively walk out on my balcony and scan the tree line, trying to find something out of the ordinary.

"Sara!" My name is whisper yelled underneath me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and walk to the railing and peer over it. I see two people underneath me, Scott and Derek.

I lean over the railing even more, "What are you two doing here?" I question the two wolves.

"We need to talk to you." Came Derek's blunt reply to my question. I sigh and look over my shoulder into my room and see that I locked my door when I came in earlier. I sigh before I walk back into my room, I grab a and throw it over my head before sliding on my sneakers and making my way downstairs.

I walk to the side of my house where my room is, and I find the two wolves waiting there impatiently, "What do you guys want?" I shift from side to side on my feet.

"What are you?" Demands Derek, I raise an eyebrow at his stern voice before looking over at the young teen wolf.

My retort, "A young teenage high school girl." causes Derek to glare darkly and Scott rolls his eyes.

Derek takes a threatening step forward and growls, "I know you are something. I can smell something different in your scent."

"What? You don't like my perfume?" I taunt him. Scott then moves forward, stepping between Derek and me.

"Sara. Please. We all know that you know more about this stuff then you are letting on." Scott implores me, his eyes silently begging me to tell them what I knew finally. I sigh deeply through my nose before grabbing my phone and sending two text messages.

"They know something is different. I have to tell them." I sent that one to dad and Nik. The other one is to Stiles, "Get to my house now."

I give the two wolves a hard stare for a long time, I look around my house and see two cars pull out of the garage and drive away, my dad and Nik signal me that they are giving me the house. I nod in thanks before I see two headlights flash over my face, Stiles' truck pulls up into my driveway and parks behind my charger.

"What's going on?" Scott inquires while taking in all of our cold expressions.

I clench my jaw tightly before turning around and calling over my shoulder, "Follow me."

I hear their footsteps following over me, I open the front door and leave it open. I walk into my living room and sit down on my couch, and I see the guys standing all around, taking in my house. I curl my legs under my body, and my feet tucked in between the cushion and the armrest. My arm is propped up on the armrest, and I lean my head heavily on the ball of my hand.

"Are you guys done or no?" My tone both bored and annoyed at the same time, their eyes all shift toward me. "So, I guess I should start from the beginning. Follow me."

I push my body up from the chair and head over to the basement, and I hear three sets of feet shuffling after me, I swing the door open and make my way down the stairs. My toes comb through the rug as my feet push into the carpet, we make it down to the stairs, and I look toward one door in particular. I walk over to the door and grasp the cold metal door handle and slowly open the door. My eyes adjust to the darkness and begin walking down the flight of wood steps. The light slowly comes to life, I blink to adjust I move to the corner and sit in one of the chairs, and they followed suit.