Growing Up In This Life

Growing up in Beacon Hills is an experience in and of itself; this place is crawling with supernatural creatures. Of course, it helps when growing up that you know all about the supernatural world. That is the only world I have ever indeed known.

My parents decided to raise my brothers and me in a dangerous world; yes, it was good to know what was lurking out in the world, but it also leads to us looking over our shoulders from a young age.

We are the hunters, but some people are also hunting us.

Family is the essential thing in the world to me; first and foremost. This moral brings to us being raised to look after each other. I, being the youngest of six children, meant that I have many high expectations of living up to thanks to my brothers. My family is the most prominent figure within the supernatural world — our lineage traces back to the very first werewolf in history.

Our family has traditions that run to the very beginning; one of those traditions is that the most powerful member of the family shall become the highest-ranking member of the pack. This tradition means that I am going to run the family, whether I want to or not. On top of the supernatural world, my parents run the most significant drug company in the world. My father controls the Eastern Europe side, mainly Russia, Bulgaria, Romania, and the business is spreading further into Western Europe. My mom manages Central and South America. They are the biggest drug lords that the world has ever seen, and they decided to raise a family in it.

My father and mother raised my brothers and me as best as they could in this dangerous world. Their first child is my oldest brother, William; when my parents weren't home - a majority of the time- William would help raise me. After William comes, Viktor. William and Viktor mainly stay with our dad in Russia while my twin brothers Mateo and Javier remain in Brazil with our mother. Finally, my last brother is Nikolai. He and I are the closest out of all my other siblings; he is my best friend, and he will do anything for me. Nik travels to every country that my family has control over and makes sure that everything is running smoothly.

As for me, I beg my parents to postpone me taking my place as the head of the family. Though reluctant, my father agrees, as does my mother after some hard begging. At least until my eighteenth birthday, that is, then I will have to take my place. For now, I am just focusing on my friends and trying to make it through high school without having to kill anyone.