Ice Pick

3rd POV*

"Sara," Derek's voice calls out, drawing her attention from Stiles. "We need to get out of here before the rest of the cops come."

Sara looks at him before her eyes fall back to her childhood friend, "Will you be okay, Stiles?"

"Yeah," Stiles murmurs, his mind still not fully registering the fact that Sara was back in Beacon Hills.

Sara feels a strong warm hand wrap around her waist and lightly tug her. Derek pulls Sara to his body and begins to lead her from the holding cells gently.

"Come on," Derek whispers in her ear, "let's get out of here."

A hum escapes Sara in agreement; Isaac trails behind his alpha and the infamous Romanov leader. Wariness in his body, shuffling quietly as the trio begins to make its way out of the police station. Walking out into the dead of night, Sara looks at her men, who are standing dutifully by the car.

"I'll take Isaac back to the hideout, and then I will meet you at your house."

Sara looks at Derek, her heart slightly aching at the thought of being separated from him so soon after they just reunited. "Are you sure?"

The wolf nods, "I won't belong. I just need to make sure that Isaac is safe." Sara looks at the young boy for a second before nodding in agreement.

"Go," the word from Derek's lips only loud enough for her to hear; he gently pushes the small of her back towards the car.

Sara shuffles to the vehicle. "What are your orders, boss?" One man opens the backside door for Sara to climb in. The car turns on, and a moment of silence as the men wait to hear her command.

"Let's go home."

Sara looks through the window at the passing trees, her mind elsewhere. The events that just occurred are running through her mind in an endless loop. Hearing Stiles thundering heartbeat, the growls of a new beta experiencing its first full moon, the syringe full of wolfsbane made specifically kill an innocent. The image of Stiles' terrified face as Isaac turns to him, ready to kill; Sara doesn't even remember moving until she was standing in front of him. But the one image.

The image that is constantly in the forefront of her mind, the image of Derek; his red eyes, the longer and sharper fangs, the loudness and the command in his roar still sends shivers down her spine, and finally, the image of him standing guard, ready to protect her against his first beta.

"Boss," the voice of one of her men snaps her out of her thoughts. "We are here."

She blinks in surprise, not even noticing that the car has stopped moving. Sara doesn't wait for one of them to open the door; it swings open, and she hops onto the cement. Her eyes scan the house and its surroundings, the lights on the sides of the driveway leading up to the front door, and the garage attached to the side of her house.

"About time you showed up," Nik calls out from the main door of the house.

Sara's POV*

"About time you showed up," my eyes snap to Nik as he meanders from the porch.

"Hmm," a short humpf comes from me, my eyes scanning over the front of the house. All the lights turned on in each room, and I can see the silhouettes of people wandering back and forth through the curtains, and the sounds of clammering reach my ears.

"Where was the body?" my tone turning hard as I slip into what my family calls, 'The Jefa Mode.'

Nik's heavy footfalls crossing the lawn to stand in my line of vision, "Over here." He points to the far side of the lot, to a patch of grass that is dead.