Is This Love?

Sweat glistened on slightly illuminated translucent skin. Uneven breathing could be heard in the quiet room. The only source of light being the celestial bodies on the other side of the large glass window across the room. Sweat slid down milky skin further dampening the bedsheets. Hooded violet orbs stared at the tall ceiling, as if there were an answer to some unknown question there.

He felt hollow, he had begun to forget how it felt to feel otherwise. Normal no longer existed, at least not the normal he used to have. What he had now had been forced to become his normal. At first he tried resisting. He had tried to fight back, but he could only do so for so long. How could he had held on when he was hanging by a string to begin with?

Had it been days, weeks, months? He didn't know, he'd lost track a while ago, but it felt like eternity. The paladin had already been quite damaged before his capture, all it took was a steady push to send him teetering over the edge.

Keith the brave, stoic red paladin of voltron was no more. He'd been reduced to nothing more than a broken empty toy. Less than even a husk of what once was.

It wasn't all bad, Keith believed. Lotor was constantly pampering him. Treating him as his most prized possession. The prince showered him with gifts and praises, especially when he did something the galran liked during their "sessions".

There were moments when Keith still wondered whether his team were still looking for him, only to have those thoughts quickly trampled on by the prince. Who assured him that voltron had long ago obandoned him, that they weren't worth him wasting his time fretting over. He also used the fact that his heritage was not what he once believed it was as support.

The mind has a way of convincing itself of a lie if it's repeated enough.

His team wasn't coming for him. Why would they? He had galran blood running through his veins. Lotor cared for him. Lotor loved him. The prince was all he needed.

"You'll make the perfect bride"

This was right, Lotor told him it was right. So why did it feel as though he lay In the wrong pair of arms. The wrong lips locked with his. The wrong eyes gazed at him so lovingly.

As time passed, the raven haired male's memories began to blur. Moments he once held dear were being forgotten.

"Kitten, what's on your mind?" The taller asked, concern laced in his tone, turning to face his soon-to-be bride. The thought alone had made his ecstatic. Keith had been with him a little over a year. In the beginning he had been nothing more than a prisoner of war. Lotor hadn't meant to let his emotions get the better if him, but his emotions rapidly grew and he couldn't seem to find the strength to pull his gaze away from the violet-eyed hybrid. It pained him, having to hear his screams of agony as his soldiers did as they'd been commanded. He loathed hearing hearing his beloved in pain, but it was a neccessary evil. They couldn't have him rebelling against them in the future.

Lotor had finally drawn the line when his soldiers took it a step to far. Laying their hands on what was his. The very thought if it made him see red.

"Nothing, master"

Thrill shot him through him at the name. It had taken sometime to get Keith to even speak once more, but it had been worth the effort, having him call him such names and hearing his adorable aroused meals whenever they made love. Albeit keith wasn't always there, he tended to zone out a lot and Lotor loathed it when it Keith brought up his old team, and how he unknowingly mumbled a certain Paladin's name.

"I love you, darling" he whispered, Keith lying next to him, arm strewn across the prince's chest. Lotor held Keith tightly, placing a kiss on the top of his head.

Did Keith know what love was? He had felt it before, he was sure, for someone. Someone who only came as a blurred memory now.

He used to know.

He loved the prince, didn't he? After all he was all he had. He was all that he knew now. He had to.

He didn't respond, instead opting to hold the prince closer.

Isn't this what love was?

It had to be.

----------------------------------------------
A/N: I know it's short I'm sorry. It's not the best, but the idea came to me at like 2 in the morning.