Married

I always knew this day would come. Standing by, watching you from a distance caused me so much heartache and despair. This day couldn't feel anymore bittersweet. The day when the deal is finally sealed. Tears ran down your tan cheeks, your beautiful smile showing off your cute dimples, butterflies swarmed in my stomach, you looked so happy and so breathtaking.

The moment your ocean blue hues met my gaze, my breath hitched as I took in your stunning appearance. I couldn't keep my eyes off of you, your white tuxedo, fit your form perfectly, showing every little curve. Your hair was gelled back, giving you a more extravagant look. The bells began ringing and as if on signal, music began playing.

You began walking down the aisle, your smile as luminous as the sun. you had a bit of a skip in your step, I could feel the joy radiating from you and I couldn't help but let my smile grow. You stood at the pedestal, turning to look at the priest you smiled knowingly, before returning your gaze to the audience.

The church doors opened once again as the melody changed. She looked stunning as she too walked down the long aisle. Her waist-length curly silver hair had been styled up, long but intricately designed pins were arranged in her hair making sky blue hues glow. Her long silk wedding dress touched the ground, dragging behind her as she neared you. She held a bouquet of white Lillies, her smile matching yours.

once she had arrived at the pedestal, standing opposite of you, the music lowered in volume and the priest began to speak. She was asked for her answer, the answer that would seal her future

"I do" you had answered when asked the same question.

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife!" announced the priest, "You may now kiss the bride!"

And you did just that, I couldn't do anything but watch, watch as you made the promise to spend the rest of your days with someone, someone that isn't me. I could feel tears well up in my eyes, Coran seemed to have noticed, patting me on the back. I turned to face him only to see tears streaming down his cheeks, but his were different. He was crying from delight, and I supposed I was too, but that wasn't the only reason. Tears dripped from my eyes, from both delight and heartache. I was joyous to see you so happy, to see you smiling so brightly on the best day of your life. My heart ached for the very simple yet complex reason that the love of my life, my reason for living was being taken from me, right in front of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I was too late. What makes it hurt worse is that I can't stop loving you. I've tried, I've tried so so many times.

There were times when I wished you would look at me the same way I look at you. I wished you'd yearn for me the way I do. Only in my dreams do you repeat those three exquisitely grievous words.

It doesn't matter what I feel either way, in the end, you could and would never be mine, nor I yours. I can only Painfully hold onto the hope that maybe, just maybe, in the next life...

You could love me,

Love me the way I love you