"No... Well, at least I don't think so." You pondered Allison's question, thinking hard as to why you were so reluctant to be bold. Biting your lip slightly, you gave a small shrug, feeling stumped by the question. "I guess it's just my personality. I'm not one to take huge risks like that."

"Hmm," Allison hummed, drumming fingers on her pursed lips. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it because you took risks that you met the lads? Moving here all on your own, letting some random man into your apartment to help set up, seeing the boy you met by chance and forming a friendship you never thought was possible? Those sound like risks to me, but ones that lead to something amazing." She looked over, locking eyes with you before giving a sly wink. "I think you should just go with your gut by this point. You never know where it will take you."

You felt a warm feeling bubble up in your chest, a genuine smile forming on your lips at Allison's reassuring words. You let out a joyous laugh, slinging you arm over her shoulder as you brought her into a side hug. "You have such a way with words. You know, you may be right. Perhaps I need to take some risks once and awhile, just like you said."

Allison chuckled in your grasp, poking at your sides a little as the two of you walked awkwardly down the street, intertwined by the hip like conjoined twins. You were unbelievably grateful to have made a friend like her, a refreshing breath of fresh air after what you had been through this past month. Being with Hailey for so long has clouded your judgment on what friends should actually be; Allison met you on even grounds, always there to listen and offer a hand whenever you found yourself down in the dumps. Though you had just gotten to know each other, it seriously felt like the two of you had known each other for years, meshing together without any difficulties.

Allison gently wiggled her way from your arm as she stood up straighter, eyeing the bookstore with a fiery passion in her eyes. "Oh man, you have no idea how ready I am for this sale. I've been saving portions of my paycheck specifically for this day." She cracked her knuckles, licking her lips in anticipation. "How many books do you think I'll be able to carry out of the store in one go?"

You looked over Allison's figure, the excited brunette a little shorter than yourself. Judging by her physique— surprisingly toned underneath her grey sweater— you guessed she'd be able to handle a modest average of 15 books in her arms, perhaps even more if the store offered bags to carry her goods in. "I mean, you could probably do the whole store if you were adamant enough. But don't worry, I'll help carry some of the books if you need help."

Your friend turned her head, her eyes ablaze with determination. "You've got a deal! I'll make sure to treat you to whatever you want when the day is done!" You rolled your eyes, waving away her tempting offer before the two of you entered the small store.

Immediately, the scent of books, paper and knowledge filled your nostrils with their pleasant aroma, enticing you with their endless possibilities of stories and adventures. You looked around in awe, feeling yourself buzz with anticipation when you saw all the deals this store had today. One would think the store was going out of business with how much they were discounting their merchandise for! Allison assured you that this was only one of their semi-annual sales, designed to lure in as many potential consumers as possible.

It seemed their strategy had worked as you felt yourself drawn to each shelf, feeling the strong urge to purchase as many of these great books as possible. As you let your eyes scan the store, you felt Allison tug against your sleeve. "I'm just going to look around for a bit. Is that alright with you?" As you brought your eyes down, you could have sworn a bright flash erupted behind you, catching your attention momentarily. But when you looked around, no one was there. You narrowed your eyes, shrugging as you deduced that it was probably the light shining at an awkward angle.