Chapter 32

"Aww, we aren't allowed to meet her?"

(Y/N) shook her head sympathetically, her eyes apologetic as she shrugged sheepishly towards Phil. The following day— after a long awaited call with her friend Hailey— (Y/N) had come over to explain the situation with the two Brits. Hailey would be arriving tomorrow, her friend making herself at home for a couple days at (Y/N)'s place. Unfortunately that meant (Y/N) had to stay with Hailey for those select days, keeping an eye on her and touring her around the town. But that wasn't all; Hailey wasn't allowed to know about (Y/N)'s friendship with either Dan or Phil. "Please don't take offence! It's just that she's a little..." (Y/N) waved her hands in the air frantically, moving them in the direction of the two boys. "She's a little obsessive when it comes to Youtube. And I can't guarantee a mellow reaction from her. She may be a little overwhelmed."

Phil stood beside the couch, folding his arms and nodding as he understood where (Y/N) was coming from. Dan sat close to (Y/N), mirroring Phil's display. The raven haired man began to play with his quiff absentmindedly, flicking away a few stray strands. "I guess it can't be helped. If that's your decision, then we respect it." He shook his head free of any remaining strands, looking down at (Y/N) once again. "So I take it she doesn't know about us?" His words weren't meant to be harsh, he was just curious.

(Y/N) visibly cringed either way, most likely taking his curiosity as a negative thing. "Yeah, she doesn't know I've been hanging out with anyone. She just assumes that I've been a house hermit these past months." She looked a little ashamed with her explanation. "It's not that I don't want anyone to know! It's just that—"

"Trust me (Y/N), we get it." piped Dan, his tone feathered with gentle understanding. "You want to respect our privacy, therefore it's best if Hailey doesn't know quite yet." (Y/N) nodded, her tension loosening once she realized they weren't mad about her reasonings.

"Thanks for understanding guys. Hailey's great, really. But I will admit that she can get a little carried away with things she's obsessed with, and I don't want her spreading any information she shouldn't be. You know, location, addresses, attempting to wean facts from me. All that stuff."

Both Dan and Phil cracked smiles of admiration. Phil came over to the couch and plopped himself down beside (Y/N), reaching over and fluffing at her hair humorously. "(Y/N), you're great! We really appreciate you keeping our personal lives on the down low. The amount of times we've had people try and figure our private info has been a little disheartening. I'm glad you're so respectful of our lives."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, giving Phil's arm a playful shove. "Well duh, it's common courtesy! I can't believe people would go all out to find out where people live and stalk them. That's just beyond creepy and rude."

Dan sputtered slightly, snickering to himself as (Y/N) looked over with a questioning glance. "I mean, my initial thought of you when you moved here was that you were actually a stalker who had managed to find me again. Glad to know you're not actually a creepy follower, (Y/N)." This earned Dan a flying pillow to his face, followed by cackles of triumph.

Phil rolled his eyes, placing himself between the two giggling adults. "Alright children, don't be throwing things at each other. You might break something—" Dan's aim was slightly off, nailing Phil straight in the face. After the fluffy impact, Phil's expression was unreadable, his face dull and void. His eyes lazed over to Dan, his expression darkening. "So that's how you want to play, huh?"

Dan gulped, grasping for another pillow on the couch, "(Y-Y/N), help me out, will you?"

(Y/N) nodded quickly, her eyes wide as she broke out into a nervous sweat. Without breaking eye contact with the back of Phil's head, she began palming the couch in search for a defense against his wrath. Luckily, there was still a blanket on the couch after their marathon nights. The girl quickly bunched the fabric in her arms and threw it over Phil's head, momentarily blinding him from their dual attack. "Now's your chance, Dan!"