Chapter 8

You stood dumbfounded for a few moments, your mind running at a hundred miles per hour. You were still holding onto Phil's hand, the handshake probably lasting a little longer than it should have in the first place. Yet you couldn't bring yourself to let go, your eyes still glued to the man in front of you.

Against all odds, you had somehow managed to run into the one person who was closest to Dan. Out of all the people living in London at that exact moment, you had stumbled into his best friend, his free hand holding onto the charger you never dreamt you would be able to return to its rightful owner.

The chances of this happening was absolutely ridiculous.

Your mind snapped back to reality, snatching your hand away from Phil's rather harshly as you stammered out sorry excuses for words. "You don't h-have to introduce yourself again, you already did that at the store." Phil looked at you thoughtfully for a second, opening his mouth to say something before he shut it. He put his hand behind his head in embarrassment.

"Right, right! Sorry, just felt like I should do another introduction for some reason." He chuckled excitedly, his eyes lighting up once again. "I mean, this is just a crazy situation! I just felt like another greeting was necessary. You-" He flailed his arms in the air, unsure of how to continue his sentence. "You're you! That one girl from before!"

You nodded cautiously, "Yeah, I guess I am... How did you even figure that out?" It was only right for you to know how he had managed to illustrate you as the same girl from before. Sure, shoving his friend's charger into his hands while screaming apologize was probably how he connected the dots, but he seemed to know more about the whole thing then he was letting on.

Phil smiled and began to fiddle with the charger absentmindedly. " Oh trust me, Dan wouldn't shut up about the whole thing for about a week. He was so chatty about the event that I was worried for him at one point! If he wasn't as sick as he was now, he'd probably be yammering on about it still."

He continued, lifting his gaze to examine your features. "What you told me was the same thing he was talking about before; Some random girl who just popped up out of nowhere with zero knowledge about the internet and Youtube-" Ouch, you knew a little bit about the internet and its visual entertainment. You had seen multiple of the cat videos circulating around. And Google was your friend; for homework and research of course. You never really searched up anything if it wouldn't help you out in your studies. You narrowed your eyes slightly, feeling a little self conscious about how unaware you were of the digital world. Phil took immediate notice and stammered out a quick apology, his face flushed with guilt. "-Not that there's a problem with that! No, no, absolutely not! It's just very uncommon to see that nowadays!"

His little stutterd plea was adorable, enough to lift a smile to your face. He was such a pure person, a child stuck in a grown man's body. He seemed about as violent and intimidating as a pink butterfly stuck on a marshmallow; the definition of a good bean. You waved a hand in front of your face, covering your slow growing smile. "You're fine, Phil! It's all good. I know that I don't know that much about the subject, but I guess I'll have to learn seeing as the description of your job is literally an internet personality."

Phil looked at you, a tiny grin creeping onto his features. His eyes twinkled with delight at your words. "Ah, I'm glad I didn't offend you! 'Cause I don't really want to push you away now seeing as we've actually met in person. Besides, Dan will be so excited to hear about this!"

His eyebrows lifted up once he regained his train of thought. "Right! Continuing the story; Dan talked about you- the non internet person-, how you had gone to the convention with your friend and gotten separated, about how you had spilt fries on him, hid from security like a fugitive, and about how it was your last week living there before you moved. So London, eh? What are the odds of that!"