Chapter 12: Return

Izumi's P.O.V.

Atsu...I have faith in you Atsu...you'll come to save me...right? You will! I just know it! I wiped away the tears in my eyes. He was going to save me. He was probably on his way right now. Oh how I missed him...I longed, not only to see him, but to confess my love to him. To feel his warm, comforting embrace.

Though I had just calmed myself down, those thoughts caused me to burst into a sob. I felt a cold breeze caress my black hair. Lady Garra must have been outside. All of a sudden, I spotted a familiar person through her vision.My heart beat a mile a minute. I was so happy to see him...At-Atsushi? Tears filled my eyes as he stared at the transformed me.

Atsushi's P.O.V.

We finally got to a place where Inuyasha, Kirara and I knew that Izumi was there. Inuyasha stopped, I heard rustling from below us. Kirara growled, showing her demon fangs. My ears twitched,

"LADY KAGOME! WATCH OUT!!!" I tried to warn them, but it was too late. Kagome was struck by a sacred arrow that appeared from the bushes below.

"Ahh-" she gasped as she fell of of Inuyasha's back.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha caught her just in time before she hit the ground, "Kagome!! Kagome are you alright?!?! Kagome!" he shook her, slightly, but she didn't open her eyes. "Kagome!" Inuyasha had been screaming, desperately now, for his wife to respond.

"Inuyasha! Get Kagome out of there! Now!" Miroku yelled. Inuyasha nodded and jumped up right as another sacred arrow pierced the tree behind him. Where...no who is shooting?!?! And where is it coming from?? If Inuyasha or Kirara can't sense it...what will we do?

Kirara and Shippo land in a clearing a few trees away from the place Lady Kagome was shot. Inuyasha followed. He lied Lady Kagome down near Kirara and Lady Sango. He kissed her cheek,

"Keep her safe, Sango, okay?" he pleaded her.

"Of course, Inuyasha."

"I-Inu-yasha-" Lady Kagome spoke as much as she could.

"Kagome...don't speak...just rest okay?" he smiled at her, sweetly. That's the first I have ever seen him smile like that.

"I-Inuyasha...pl-please be c-careful-" she gasped for air, clutching her side, where she was hit. "Whoever it i-is...they are st-strong...be careful... don't die on me o-okay?" Inuyasha bent over and pressed his lips against hers,

"I will, get some rest, okay? I promise, by the time you wake up, we'll be living as a family again. With Izumi too, okay?" Kagome smiled, weakly,

"I have-have faith in y-you, Inu-yasha..." with that, she fainted. Inuyasha's expression looked sad. Then, it tensed up, a lot,

"ALRIGHT!! WHO'S THERE!! WHO DID THIS TO KAGOME?!?!" he practically yelled loud enough for the whole eura to hear him.

"Hmm, so your Inuyasha...How utterly, disappointing." a low voice chuckled from the darkness within the woods around us.

"Who's there?!?! ILL KILL YA AND GET MY DAUGHTER BACK!!!!!" he screamed.

"How cute." the voice appeared to belong to a woman. It sounded extremely familiar...Wait...it-it can't be...

The woman stepped out from the shadows and revealed her face. Suddenly, I stood there, in complete and utter shock. The woman had jet black hair, it touched the ground because of its length. She had pail skin. And, the worst thing...pail yellow eyes. It was Izumi.

Tears welled up in my blue eyes.

"I-Izumi...is-is that y-you?" I knew for sure, she wasn't my Izumi. She was a cheap imitation of her. My Izumi had Golden eyes that can stare into your soul. Her hair is short, it flows to her shoulders, not the ground. Now, her eyes were cold, lifeless. She looked at me with such a horrible expression...I was terrified...