Chapter 1: IZUMI

A small wail surrounded the small hut. "It's a healthy baby girl!" announced Kaede. "Inuyasha, what should we call her?" asked Kagome glancing at him. Inuyasha was in shock at how beautiful she was, she had hair of her mother's and ears like her father. Her deep violet eyes seemed to be endless. "Inuyasha?" Kagome repeated worried. Inuyasha snapped himself out of it and began looking at his wife who just gave birth. "Oh, sorry, what?" Kagome giggled at his answer, "Inuyasha, your so hopeless!"

Inuyasha felt blush creep up his cheeks as he laughed also. "Inuyasha, what should our baby girl be known as?" Kagome said softly as she looked at her crying baby. Inuyasha kept his eyes on Kagome. Something beautiful, he thought. Maybe, no that's stupid! Inuyasha thought long and hard about it. Then, it came to him, "Izumi!" he thought out loud as Kagome smiled up at him. "Izumi, how beautiful."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"What does Izumi stand for, sister?" Kagome's kid brother Sota asked. "It means, spring fountain." Inuyasha replied before Kagome could. "Oh! What a beautiful name Kagome! My very first grandchild, oh, I feel so old!" Mrs. Higarashi whined as she rocked the baby in her arms. "Of course your not old mom!" Kagome and Sota corrected her. they all laughed until grandpa came in and announced, "I have brought the tea!" Kagome leaned on Inuyasha as he put his arm around her. She closed her eyes. "Alright it's really late, Kagome, we should get going..."

Kagome was fast asleep. Inuyasha smiled as looked down at her relaxed expression. She feels safe with me. he thought as her mother caught his attention. "Is Kagome alright?" she asked concerned. "Yeah, she's just really tired." he smiled. "I see, well Inuyasha, since you can't carry both of them back, how about you go put Kagome in her bedroom and come back down here and get Izumi. Okay?" "Alright, thank you." He carried Kagome up stairs and placed her in her bed. "I love you Kagome." he whispered as he kissed her gently on the forehead. She smiled in her sleep. Then, he went downstairs to retrieve his little girl.

"Goodnight, Inuyasha." whispered Mrs. Higarashi. He smiled and walked back up the stairs with Izumi in his arms. "Don't worry Izumi," he whispered. "You may be a half demon, but I certainly won't let you be treated like one." He sat on the floor beside Kagome's bed and rocked his baby to sleep. Moments after that, he also fell limp to the sickness called exhaustion.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is so short, I just really wanted to publish this. I'm really excited to be writing this book! The next chapter will be out in the next few days!!! Hope you liked it! XOXO