Chapter 5: The Promise

-------------------

The Next Day

-------------------

Inuyasha' s P.O.V.

I stared at the boy laying on the floor of our hut. Who is he? I thought. I then sensed my wife's presence. I immediately turned around to face her.

"Aww!! You caught me!" Kagome smiled.

"I can sense you, you know!" I winked as Izumi skipped into the room.

"Morning, mommy! Morning, daddy! How is my friend doing?"

"He is perfectly fine, Izumi." Kagome responded. " He will probably be awake by sunset tonight!"

"Yay!" Izumi cheered as I felt a slight smile spread across my face.

"Hey, Izumi, sweetie," Kagome began. " Do you by any chance know where Atsushi lives?"

"No, mommy, I don't. He didn't tell me that." Izumi mumbled as she looked at the boy. She has such sorrow in her eyes, like she had grown close to him in a single day! Impossible! It's completely impossible for Izumi, my little girl to have a friend other than, Daiki, Haruka and Haruki. I won't accept it! I won't let her be treated like I was! Demon or not, every so called, friend, always hurts you, then leaves you forever! I must have let my rage get the better of me, I must have growled out loud, I felt one of Izumi' s warm hands against my cheek.

"Daddy?" It will be alright!" She smiled, "I don't know what is wrong, but it will all work out, right?" her sorrowful eyes landed on my enraged eyes. I felt myself calm down. I sighed and kissed her on the head,

"Thank you, Izumi."  she smiled again and brushed away the sadness in her golden eyes. Her shiny black hair fell to the front of her shoulder as she tilted her head the slightest bit. I felt Kagome's warm, comforting smile and looked her way. She was smiling, just as I thought.

---------------

That Evening

---------------

Izumi' s P.O.V.

I was so excited for Atsushi to wake up and meet my family! I missed him, a lot. I missed his smile, I was getting tired of his expressionless, and bruised up look. I knew that when he woke, he still would have bruises and cuts on his face, but at least I could see his smile again. I sat, eagerly waiting for his beautiful blue eyes to open. I wanted him to be awake again. Mommy told me that he would be awake by sunset tonight. I sat on the ground next to Atsushi. Please wake up, Atsushi! Please! I thought as I realized my father staring at my sad face. I felt like crying. Sorry, it's my fault! My mind screamed over and over again. Finally, as if he heard my thoughts of desperation, I got a glimpse of sparkling blue. I felt my heart pound even more than when I was getting picked on. I felt a smile spread across my face. Tears almost rolled down my face, they didn't, but I still felt my face get hot.

"I-Izumi? Is that you?" I knew that if I answered him, I would only cry, so I just threw my arms around him and screamed his name,

"Atsushi! I was so worried!" I held back from crying. He smiled at my expression. Then he frowned.

"Um, where are we?"

"Oh, ya! We're at my house! I couldn't help but smile, his blue eyes were  making me happy. I stood and danced over to my daddy. "This is my daddy, Atsushi!!! He saved us from the scary kids!!!" I leaned against my daddy for a few seconds and then jumped up again. "Mommy!" I yelled. "Come meet my friend!" I heard my mommy's footsteps walking towards the small room we all huddled in.