Chapter 8: Either Way, the Darkness Will Fall

Izumi' s  P.O.V.

This feeling, i don't know what it is, It's, cold...lonely...sad...im alone. Why is this happening to me?Where is Atsushi? Mom? Daddy? Anyone? Where am i? I'm terrified.

Everything around me was dark, yet my body was glowing just enough for me to see my hands and feet. I was floating in an outer space, without stars. I couldnt move, i was trapped in an endless black abyss. I wondered where i was, where was Atsushi? Was he still in that bush? No, he tried to save me, he wasn't hiding anymore. Where was up? Where was down? I had no clue. It was hard to brethe in that place, I couldn't see anything at all. What was even happening?! All of a sudden, I felt a few drops of something fall on me, it made me feel, sad. Oh, thats right, Atsu was crying when i fell. But why was he so upset?! I hate to see him crying like that. I thought as i began to cry also.

"ATSUSHI!!!!!!! tears slipped down my cheeks like a waterfall. I felt sick, I just wanted to go home! I wanted to see mother and father again, but, most of all, i wanted to see Atsu again! I wanted to play and talk with him just like we always did. I kept crying as I thought about Atsushi, he was my best friend, we were so close to eachother. As i floated in the darkness, alone, I could hear voices, these voices weren't in my head, they were outside the darkness,

"Master? I have returned with the girl" the demon's low and terrifying voice echoed all around me. His voice was faint, but loud enough for me to hear it somewhat clearly. I wondered what they were going to do to me, were they going to let me out of this dark never-ending abyss? Or was i fated to spend eternity in this torturous place? At that moment, I heard the voices again, but this time, it was different, a different voice that was more raspy and alot scarier than that of the one who captured me. It sounded a bit like he was an illusion, like, his voice was far away... I cant really explain it,

"Good work! Now, i want you to chain her and bring her to me. I have plans for her..." with that, the voice of the man in the illusion faded. Plans? What plans could he have for me? Why the hell was he after me?!?! i asked myself. For the first time in forever, I was scared, terrified that Atsu wasn't there with me. I began to cry in the darkness once again, i cried for, Atsushi i knew that he felt the same for me, i knew that he was crying for me. A few minutes (or hours after i couldn't tell time in that place) I finally spotted light! I stared at it for a few seconds and then, I reached out slowly toward it. My way out...Atsu! I thought, desperately. Suddenly, a chain-like shadow shot from the mysterious light and disappeared into the dark shadows around me. I heard it coming toward me, faster than I have ever thought possible. As I expected, it was coming straight toward me, yet, I couldn't move. Chains wrapped around my arms, violently, and pulled my arms from around my legs, in opposite directions from each other. My legs were also gripped, they were yanked from my chest, with full force. I struggled and screamed. I was in a nightmare, a terrible one...I had to be...

Another tight chain choked me as it wrapped itself tightly around my neck. I screamed in pain once again while I gasped for air. The chain only grew tighter as I struggled. Are they trying to kill me?? Was this the genius plan that creepy far-away dude had, to murder me? What'll that accomplish?!? I thought, as my already-blurry vision began to fade, the lights from witch these death chains came from, faded along with my vision and consciousness.....

Atsushi' s  P.O.V.

I stood under our tree, my hand made contact with its rough bark. A painful memory reappeared in my mind, the tree Izumi and I made our promises under,

                                                 ~Flash Back~

"Hey, Atsushi?"

"What is it?"

"Promise me..."

"Promise you what?"

"Promise me that you will always protect me...that you will always stand beside me, no matter what? Promise me that you will protect me forever?"

"I'll promise on one condition."

"On what condition?"

"Promise you won't be like the others, promise you...Promise me that you will stay by me forever as well. Promise that you will protect me, forever too?"

"Atsushi, your...your such a cry baby. Even so, I am too. So I promise you, I promise that I will never betray you, ever, Atsushi! I promise to always protect you, and stay with you forever. I promise, as long as you promise me too."

"I-I promise! I promise you, Izumi! I promise!"

                                            ~End of Flash Back~

I remember, I started crying when I asked her to promise...Then, she cried too but...why...

                                                   ~Flash Back~

"Why do you train so hard?"

"Why would you ask me that, Atsu? Don't you know? Didn't you know that I train for you? Remember that promise we made? The one we made a day after we met? Well, that's what has kept me going, that little moment we shared, I'll remember it, forever. And I won't rest until I am strong enough to protect you!"

                                           ~End of Flash Back~

That only happened, a few hours ago...A few hours ago, she was still here with me... I sank to the ground, my hand still touching the bark. Tears began to fall in sync with the rain drops. Occasional drops here and there, then, it began to pour out of my eyes. Izumi...I sat there, under the tree, bawling like a little kid as I punch the bark as hard as I could. No, No,No! How could this happen?! How could she get captured?! How...why did I let it get away with my best friend? Why?!? WHY?!?! I screamed those thoughts in my mind over and over...

"Pathetic, I'm pathetic..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!!!! Sorry, Sorry!! I haven't updated in a while!! I am also sorry that this chapter is a little bit short, but I wanted to update as soon as I could so you guys could read!!! <3

Hope you liked this chapter and hope you will do the following:

1. Follow

2. Vote

3. Comment

Shout outs:

ava_is_a_unikorn ( awesome friend and is writing her 1st book!! Hope you'll give her some attention!!! Luv u Ava!!! <3)

sailorgamer ( My bestest friend ever!!! In both real life and watty!!!!! She writes super good fanfics too!! Hope U'll like her!!! <3)

BlueLunarStar (Ok, this girl is amazing!! I luv her writing!!! She's my third closest friend on watty!!! She is currently working on a fairy tail fanfic and my o.c. is in it!!! check her profile page for dat!! Sapphire Rose is my o.c. btw. also, the name of the book is, Cats, Fairies, and Dragon Souls R.P.!!!  Luv u Luna-Chan!! <3)

SummerMia_ (she is my best watty friend and she also writes like a wizard!!! Luv u Summer!!!  <3 <3)

AaliyahLovesMC ( she is one of my usual readers!! Luv u Aali-San!!!! Thanks for the support!! <3)

SiLv3ryG0ld (she is also one of my frequent readers!! Luv you!! <3 thx for the support!!!)

So, ya, guys, thanks again for the support!! <3 next chapter will be out soon! <3<3