chapter 3: New friend

Atsushi' s P.O.V.

"Okay class, we have a brand new student as of today, Izumi, would you like to introduce yourself sweetie?" miss Airi announced. "No" her soft voice echoed through my mind. She didn't look very happy, well, I couldn't really tell for sure, her eyes were closed, but still, she looked scared. "Well, okay then, is it okay If I introduce you dear?" Miss Airi asked. "Yes..." the girl sighed as her eyes remained closed. I began to wonder if she was blind. "Children, this is Izumi. She is our brand new classmate, so I expect you to treat her like any one of your other classmates, okay?" she ordered. "YES MISS AIRI!!!!" the class yelled in sync. Although, out of the corner or my eye, I did notice that a few of the boys that bully me were whispering and pointing to her.

Oh well, it's not like they are planning to hurt her or anything. "Now, Izumi dear, please take the seat next to Atsushi, here." she led Izumi to the seat next to me, witch had been open for years. I felt my face get hotter as she sat down. She still seemed terrified, so I decided not to talk to her during class. After Miss Airi went back up to the board, she began to teach. I

Then, I noticed them, Izumi' s eyes. They glowed bright yellow and shined with a hint of brown In them. She was, a demon! A demon, just like, me.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

At lunch, I went outside to eat, because I always bring a boxed lunch. Others who didn't, were all sent to the little hut near the school called, the cafeteria to get some food. My house was clear on the other side of the village, so I take my own lunch. I usually sit on a small hill, a little ways away from the school house. It's usually empty, no one goes there, but when I arrived there that day, there was. I stood staring as she sat and ate her lunch. She still didn't notice me at all though. I walked over and sat next to her. " Um, hello there." I said softly, trying not to startle her. "Hello" she responded with her soft voice ringing in my head again.

She looked at me warmly, with her yellow eyes and smiled slightly. I blushed, no one has looked at me like that before. I only get cold stares and, 'you'd better run for your life nerd!!' stares. But this, this wasn't one of those horrible stares. This was, warm and loving, and sweet. Izumi' s stare made me feel, happy. 'Um, could I, sit here? this is kinda where I sit every day for lunch." I explained. "Sure" she smiled. Still blushing, I got my lunch out of the box. It was silent for a few minutes, we ate our lunches side by side. Then, she broke the silence. Hey, do you want to be friends?" she asked shyly.

I blushed again. "No one has ever ever as me that before." I told her. "Well, now someone has! So will you be my first friend?" she smiled warmly. I also smiled, "Sure." I said. "Okay, can I ask you something else, then?" Izumi asked. " Ya what is it?" " Are you a demon?" I was truly afraid to say yes. "In the past, I had made a few friends, but, when they found out I was a half demon, they all started to ignore me." I explained. She gave me a sad look. "Since you look into my eyes all the time, I'm sure that you noticed I am also a half demon." she smiled again as she slid the hat covering her head to reveal a pair of small black dog ears.

I stared at her, how could she be a demon, and still be able to smile? Had she just been lucky with her life? She interrupted my thoughts, "But, my father never let me out of our home until now. He told me that he was afraid for me, but he never told me why." she lost her radiant smile and looked at the ground sadly. "That was the first, and hopefully the last secret he ever kept from me." After a few seconds of silence, she looked up again and smiled absently. "Sorry about that...dumping that on you...someone I just met...sorry. Anyway, when does the next class start?" Still wondering about weather or not she's okay or not, I answered, "Um, in about an hour."

She nodded and began to eat again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Izumi and I chatted more during lunch and after lunch. I am glad she had made friends with me, she was my first friend. It was after school and I was walking home. Izumi had already left as far as I knew. But I was wrong, I was nearing a corner in the village and I was about to turn. Before I did, I heard Izumi' s voice. "No! I-I wasn't scared! Honest!" Izumi sounded afraid. I ran as fast as I could around the corner. I was a few houses away, but, I could always hear from far away. I ran and ran, but it felt like the corner kept getting farther and farther away.

Panting like a dog, I kept running. I've been bullied by those kids for years, I can handle them. And even if I can't, I won't let them beat her up. Not my new friend. I thought as I finally got closer to the corner. When I did, I saw a huge group of children pinning down, now crying Izumi. "Hey stop!!! leave her alone!!!" I screamed right as one of the kids almost kicked her. They all stopped and looked at me. "Hey guys look!!! It's Atsushi!! What do you want nerd?" "Leave her alone!! She's only been here for one day and your already picking on her?" I yelled at them not showing any fear, although inside I was terrified. "So? What of it?" the boy asked. Not wanting to talk to them any longer, I pushed through them and held my hand out to Izumi.

"Come on, let's go." I smiled ignoring the boys in the background. I felt better seeing her smile and not hurt. I was so focused on getting her out of there, that I didn't even notice her hat had fallen off and her demon ears were showing. She smiled and put her hand in mine. But before I knew it I had been pushed to the ground along with Izumi. "We aren't done with you yet demons!" The boy yelled as I immediately sensed his foot coming towards Izumi' s leg. I turned as fast as I could just in time to have me get in the way.

I grunted in pain, but at least Izumi was safe. I was not gonna let her get hurt on her first day of school. "Hey Atsushi!! You may be able to protect your little girlfriend for now, but soon, you'll black out, idiot!!" He was right, soon after he said that, I heard a loud growl and a strong wind. I also heard a man's voice scaring all the others away. Except for, Izumi. I felt Izumi being slid from under me, I hoped she was okay, but somehow, I didn't think that she was in anymore danger, I feel like I can trust the one who saved us.

After I knew Izumi was safe, I let myself relax. It's over now I thought. then... everything went black....

Hey valued readers!!! Hope you liked it and I hope that you will do the following:

1. follow

2. comment

3. vote

4. follow my B.F.F. Sailorgamer

5. read my other stories

6. Wait for next chapter, read it, and maybe, love it!!!!!!!

Love, sailoranime

XOXO