SAFMMS (Part 6- Mind Your Own Business)

Part 6, Wattpadsters! Enjoy and remember to click that little vote button on the left! ;)

<---------------------------------------------------------- hehe! >0<

**********************************************************************************************************

Part 6

At the corner of my eye, I spotted Amanda coming back so I quickly stuffed everything back into the compartment. I was breathing heavily and I couldn’t see straight. I was in the same car as the first suspect of killing my best friend. Amanda walked in and turned on the ignition.

“Hey sweetie… You look kind of green.” She looked at me, concerned.

“I’m al-alright.” I sputtered, still thinking about the knives.

“’Kay, well, I’m driving you home now so you can have some rest.”

I nodded weakly. Amanda pulled the car out of the parking lot and drove down a long road. There was no one in sight. I looked around the unfamiliar neighbourhood.

“Hey, this isn’t my neighbourhood! It’s the other way around!” I screeched.

Amanda cackled, and her face distorted into an evil, frightening mask of hatred. I shrank away in fear.

“This is what you get for not minding your own business!” She swerved the car to a sharp right and narrowly missed a huge tree.

I gripped the seat edge and prayed that this would be over soon. She must’ve seen me look through those knives! How stupid of me, I cried inside.

“You know, things might not have turned out so terrible if you just LEFT those knives in the black bag! Now you know too much.” She shrieked shrilly.

“What do you want? Money? I won’t tell anyone about what I saw, I swear. Please just let me go!” I cried, my throat blocked with horror.

The car screeched to a stop, just missing hitting another looming tree by an inch. Amanda stared at me with bitter eyes.

“Really? You won’t tell anyone?” Amanda hissed incredulously.

“No.” I whispered.

“Well, you’ll have to live in fear forever because the police will never find the killer…”

“Aren’t you th-the killer?” I asked, bewildered.

“Honey, the story doesn’t end so easily. I might be, or maybe I’m just involved with them. Either way, watch your back. He’ll be keeping an eye on you.” She turned the car around abruptly and before I knew it, I was back home.

I had barely gotten out of the car when Amanda pulled the car out o the driveway and zoomed out of sight. Dazed, I stumbled back to my house where I faced the wrath of my Aunt Jenna. She was so worried, she said. I told her I stayed at a friend’s house. And before she could say anything else, I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I was so stressed and traumatized with my encounter with Amanda, I didn’t have time to reassure Aunt Jenna when I was too busy not to have a mental breakdown.

I flopped on my double bed and listened to my iPod. Bruno Mars’s Just the Way You Are was playing.

Oh her eyes, her eyes

Make the stars look like they're not shining

Her hair, her hair

Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful

And I tell her every day

Yeah I know, I know

When I compliment her

She won’t believe me

And it’s so, it’s so

Sad to think she don't see what I see

Oh! That reminded me, I had to call Alex. It was unnerving to think that his sister could be involved with the killing last night. I had to think about it before I could tell anyone without her finding out. I pulled out the drawer under my desk and felt around for my phone.

One unread message!

The screen flashed at me. I pressed the READ button curiously.

Dear Alice,

Don’t worry, babe. I’m safe and I’m coming to get you.

Stay away from Alex Collins.

Luke