chapter 24 - Unwanted rest

Magsimula sa umpisa

Before I got time to answer it myself, not that I have the answer to it anyways, the door opens. A man wearing a pizza delivery outfit or sort stepped in. Oh wait, its Jay. "You're awake! And here I thought you'll sleep until your prince- (or princess) -came."

"W-what are you talking about? Where's Ji Ho? Did you find him? Is he safe?" I hastily throw out all the questions that were running in my mind with my scratchy voice.

Jay opened his mouth to answer but someone walked through the door and took his moment. "Woah, that's a lot of questions for someone who just woke up in a hospital bed."

"Bobby." I smiled. Good, he's okay too.

"Relax Lisa, he's going to be fine. His father's already arranging to send him home, where it's safe." Hearing that, my tensed body unconsciously relaxed.

"Jay found Ji Ho and called me, but you were taking too long. So he-" Booby gestured to Jay, who stood up straight wearing a proud smug. "-went looking for you. Thank god, you only got a few cuts and bruises, if your situation got any worse I think Jennie will have our heads." The two friends low key shivered at the thought of Jennie hunting them, and I can't help but snicker.

"She wouldn't do that."

"Don't underestimate a Kim, Lis," Jay said, with a fatherly tone, before laughing at his own antic. "In all seriousness, she cares about you, it's no wonder if she really decided to do that."

My mouth opened and closed, but I can't seem to form words to reply him. What's wrong? It's just a statement. Weird, why does my tummy feel warm all of the sudden?

"She cares about me...?" I murmured to myself and hold my aching yet warm stomach, still processing the unusual reaction of my body. Jennie...

The door cracked open again, a bit more rushed then Bobby's entrance. "Is she alright?!" The person panted.

My eyes widen at the sight of the person. "Jennie?"

Time seems to freeze for a lingering second when our eyes meet. Neither of us is willing to break the connection, whatever this connection is. Eventually, she sighed, "You got me worried..! I couldn't contact you." The cheif excecutive averted her gaze to the other two, "Neither of you. What happened?"

Jay let out an awkward laugh, "Apologizes, Miss Kim. Our phones were put to silent mode, and when you called, we were a bit... occupied."

Jennie sighed again, before facing me with her famous accusing look. Suddenly, I understand why Jay and Bobby would shiver at the thought of a hunting Jennie. "I... I actually don't know what happened to my phone." I confessed. The last time I checked my phone was in my back pocket after I woke up I didn't see it anywhere.

"Oh, right." Bobby suddenly spoke. "Lisa, your phone was damaged when Jay found you. My best guess is that it got busted when you were fighting." My face instantly fell, thunder rang in my ears at the heart-breaking news.

"I see," Jennie said, coldly while still not dropping the accusing demeanour.

A cough sounded, "Well then, we'll be taking our leave, Miss Kim. If you ever need a hand or two again in future, please don't hesitate to call us. I promise we'll pick up." Jay bowed and with that clothing of his, he fits just right as a servant, a servant who loves to play dress-up, if I may add.

After the door clicked shut, Jennie began to walk towards me, seemingly relaxed a little. "How are you feeling?" She asked while sating down on the chair beside my bed.

"Hm, b-better than before I was s-sent here." I gulped. My throat still feeling dry, hence the slight difficulty to speak.

Surprisingly, Jennie caught the sight of it and reached for the water jar and poured me a glass. "Here. You sound almost terrible." She challenged playfully.