Chapter 31 - A Part of You

"You can open your eyes now," Lisa said excitedly beside me. 

I decided to leave work early, thanks to Jimin's taunting, and not to mention the fight we got into. It was hard for me to concentrate, more times than not, I found myself recalling back to that terrible incident that happened almost a year ago. I know I couldn't change anything from the past, but sadly, acknowledging that doesn't mean my mind wouldn't wander back to that time. 

I was about to step into the driver seat, but Lisa stopped me, saying she wanted to take me somewhere. Though I'm can say I'm fairly strong-minded, I was no match for her pleading puppy eyes and pout. So, I let her. She could very well be taking me to anywhere right at that moment, but I couldn't bring myself to care, as long as she is there with me, I know I'll be fine. When we finally reached to god know where Lisa told me to close my eyes, and again I do as she asks without much of a complaint. 

Only she has that kind of power over me. 

Grabbing my hand, Lisa carefully guided me along the streets. 

"This better not be a prank, Lisa." I joked as I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was the glowing red sign above the building. '70s' Fun: Amusement Arcade', it said. 

"Ta-da!" Lisa exclaimed with both of her arms lifted. "Today was quite... well, stressful, so I thought we could let off some steam here. Ah, but if you don't want to it's fine! We could just grab a bite around here and go back," she second-guessed herself.

"Are you kidding me?" I jumped up with a small squeal. "I haven't been to one of these in ages! We're definitely not going back until we got a prize,"  I beamed at her, excited to play some arcade games again. 

Lisa seems to be surprised by my reaction, but she quickly recovered when I started to drag her into the amusement arcade. "I didn't know you were a fan of arcade games," she grinned, which caused me to giggle. 

"Still am," I smirked. "My friends and I used to go to places like this whenever we can. But, that stopped once we got busy with work."  I squeezed her hand affectionately and flashed her a grateful smile. "You bringing me here is a pleasant surprise, and I'm delighted that you did." 

"I'm glad," Lisa said, with a soft smile on her face, before her eyes glinted with determination. "Now come one, we have a prize to win! Oh, and don't worry about food, they have a snack bar here," she gestured to the far corner of the place. It was so spacious, and I bet you can find all kind of games here. From where I'm standing I can vaguely spot a pool table located on the second floor, and I mentally added that to my to-do list. 

"According to Rosé, the food is ridiculously good for a place like this," Lisa laughed. 

"I'll be the judge to that, till then let's have some fun!" I declared before pulling Lisa to the first game that caught my eyes. 

"I'm sure the food tasted amazing if it's coming from Rosé." A voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "That girl loves food in general, but she'll be very vocal about it if she finds it delicious." 

"It was. I suppose you have been at the end of her babbling before, Jisoo Unnie." I teased her. It was the weekend again, and after going through some work I found myself lounging at the kitchen counter sipping on a cup of milk tea. Halfway through my drink, Jisoo called. She heard about the fight from Tzuyu and contacted me to express her displeasure that she didn't know this sooner from me and her concern regarding my wellbeing.