"You're perfect," I admitted, "I always thought that if I ended up with a wolf, it wouldn't be anything like this. That I wouldn't have freedom, that I would be smothered by a one sided mate bond, and that I would never see my family again. You're too good for me Maddox,"

Those words woke him up fully. He propped himself up on one arm, and while the bed sheet still lay over his bottom half, I could fully see every inch of his chest. I looked up and focused on his green eyes instead,

"That's something you'll never have to worry about with me Elora, I swear, and if I'm being completely honest. You're too good for me, easily the most beautiful woman out of both continents. I must have done something very grand for the Moon Goddess to decide that I was worthy of being you mate," Maddox admired,

I rolled my eyes, "Now you're just sucking up! What, trying to win my affection so that you can sleep a little longer?" I suggested jokingly,

Maddox fake gasped, "Of course not my lovely, we have a breakfast to get too. We can sleep later,"

An eruption of giggles came out of my mouth as I checked the clock beside the bed, "I suppose we'll have too. Come on, I'm going to use the bathroom to get changed, you can get changed out here. Then you can do whatever you need to do in there and we can head down."

Maddox sighed and pulled himself out of bed, a pair of grey sweatpants hanging loosely on his hips. "Can't I just wear this?"

I turned away, my entire face going red, "No! Won't your parents be at breakfast? And the children?"

Maddox laughed, "I suppose, but it's not weird. Breakfast is very early dove, no one blames me when I turn up in my pajamas. Just like I don't judge them when they turn up in their pajamas. We just knew it wasn't what you were used to! So we kept breakfast civil and, you know, fully dressed.

I shook my head, "I am going to get changed, and please, please, when I come back out be fully dressed."

He just laughed as I slammed the door, stupid werewolves.

------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast was fine, definitely more food then was what needed, and thankfully every one, including Maddox, we're fully dressed and ready for the day. I had half expected some of the other guests to be sitting at the table, but it was strictly family. After breakfast, Maddox had been dragged off somewhere with his father. Official Business, so I simply said that I would see him later. Margaret was called off to do something else, and I felt disconnected from Zina, Peyton and Callie since they were spending the morning with their pups. And while I wouldn't be having them anytime soon, and certainly not just so I can hang out with them while they're doing all of their motherly stuff. It felt hard when I was with them.

So I started walking around. Mindlessly, I followed every twist and turn of the estate. This sort of thing had become quite regular for me, I didn't feel like sitting down, so that meant no art. This had always been something that I have done, wander around, well, wherever I was. Until I found something, or until I got into trouble. 

I eventually wound up at the very back of the estate, watching through a window as maybe four sleek, black cars pulled into this back entrance.

I stood by the window, my hands grasping the curtain in case I needed to quickly pull them closed. And then people started climbing out, one after the other, their hands chained together by a bright, silver metal. Handcuffs. They were dressed in casual clothes, come even in uniforms. In fact the majority of the people that were now quickly filling up the pathways were wearing uniforms. Familiar uniforms.