Chapter Seventeen - The Trigger

~♡~Mac's POV~♡~

- Saturday, a day after the bar fight -

The chaos that happened at the club certainly takes a whole lot of energy. The next day, for the first time in my entire life, I wake up at 10 A.M.

As usual, I make up my bed before I take a shower and brush my teeth. Then, I sit on the small table to eat some breakfast. As I slurp my cereal, I can't help but look around me and compare my apartment to Mark's.

My apartment is a typical, 300-square-meter studio apartment with one bathroom. With such a small space, the only pieces of furniture in the room are a Queen-size bed, a small table, a chair, and a single-door refrigerator. An unexpected small sigh escapes my lips. Even Mark's bedroom is larger than my whole apartment.

Even so, I'm still grateful my parents can afford to rent this place for me. They live about 30 miles from here and when I first started college, we figure I should get my own place that is closer to school.

Well, I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones, huh? A small smile is inadvertently formed on the corner of my lips. Feeling grateful, I thought I'd give my parents a call. After all, it's been a week since I last talk to them.

With that in mind, my hand reaches to my clutch, which is laying on the table. I always put my bags neatly inside my cupboard, but last night, I was too tired to do so. I take out my phone from the clutch and turns it on.

My eyes widen when I see there are countless push notifications from Instagram. I let out a long, heavy sigh. They're stoning me to death again because of last night, huh?

For a second, I consider turning my phone off and probably delete Instagram before it. But, my curiosity proves to be stronger than my fear. Before I know it, I tap the icon and check the notifications.

87 new notifications

"Whoa..." Not only that people are tagging me in comments, but I also receive 48 new follow requests. I wonder why...

My curiosity keeps getting stronger and I decide to check the video that I'm tagged in. It is indeed a video of last night's fight. When I check the comment section, most of them are about Sophia — and they're not exactly good ones. But, I focus on reading the comments that are written about me.

Mandy_Jones_715: Is that mackenziegoode? OMG! She's super pretty!

My head snaps back a little, a surprised smile grows on my face. Wow! Someone actually thinks I'm pretty?

xoxo_peyton: mackenziegoode's hair is just 😍😍😍🔥🔥🔥

"Aww..." My smile turns into a proud one as I take a quick look at my now blonde hair. I know I'm not supposed to need anyone to tell me I'm beautiful to actually know that I am, but I can't contain this growing joy inside me. Reading these comments really boosts up my confidence.

Twirling my hair, I continue scrolling down the comment section.

Jess_101: Wow! I never thought mackenziegoode is such a badass girl! I wish I was her friend!

Me? Badass? Shots of glee and pride begin to fill my head. I notice the comment has some replies, so I check it as well.

Taytayrocks: Still don't know why she's standing up for a hoe like realwildegirl, but I totally agree with ya!