38

Benji

I recoiled at the sudden brightness as the goggles made it hard to see.

The light was horrible. I closed my eyes and ripped the goggles off throwing them somewhere in the room.

"Well. well. well. What do we have here?" A voice said coming into the room.

I let my eyes adjust to see Sara standing in front of me gun pointed at my head.

Shit.

I looked around.

Syd, Noen, and Jorge were gone.

"Where's Syd? And Jorge? And Noen? What did you do with them?"

She ignored the question.

The kid was still sleeping in my shirt.

"Benji. Jorge's dad has him." Milo said in my ear.

Fuck.

His dad is working with ESA of course he his.

But what about Syd and Noen?

I was trapped. I had no where go.

The door opened and I watched as Diego made his way down the stairs.

"Benjamin Aleksander Krol. What a pleasure. You look as tough as your father. He was quite the fighter."

"Don't talk about my father." I said through gritted teeth.

"Hm. You really thought you and your friends would escape without me noticing? That's cute."

"Where are my friends?"

"Well if you must know. Jorge's father has taken him to... what should we call it... a detainment room. Let's just say the kid is in a lot of trouble. After all he did disobey his father's wishes."

"His father was abusive and insane" I pointed out.

"And the other two. Well my Son will be taking them somewhere where they can't escape."

Carlos Velasquez. I never took him as the loyal type...

"You however. Have two options."

"I don't want to hear it." I said.

"Oh. I think you do."

So much rage has never boiled inside me. I was mad. If there wasn't a gun to my head I'd kill him right then and there.

No sudden movements.

"Option number one. You have to stay here and work for me. And I'll let your friends live. Option two. I'll let you go. But all your friends are dead. And Sin City will be destroyed."

"If I don't pick either of them?"

"I'll kill you and all your friends. But I'll make you suffer. So what will it be?"

I am fucked.

Jorge

The lights came on blinding me. I felt arms go around me and rip me off my feet. I tried fighting but they held on tight.

I couldn't see anything and was dragged out of the room.

I tried to scream for Benji but I couldn't. A hand was put over my mouth muffling any noises.

"Jorge stay calm." Milo's voice came through to me.

The person threw me to the ground in one of the rooms behind the book shelf.