Chapter Forty-One: Violet

Three days after my kidnapping I found myself at a cook out in Seth's backyard, the entire pack in attendance and Rita had invited Summer along. 

Since she had helped in my rescue she had become fast friends with the majority of the pack and her and Wade were officially a couple. Seth hadn't let me out of his sight since I had left the hospital but I didn't mind as he tried to not be over bearing about it and I took comfort in knowing that he was close while Decker was on the run.

Senator Ryder Abbot had put out a statement to the media regarding his son's mental breakdown and how he fully supports getting him help. He spun a good story and if you didn't know the truth you would really believe that he was a concerned father trying to help his poor son. There had been no sign of Decker but McCormick and the police were still on high alert if he came back to town; but I was hoping that now he knew the police were after him and that I was under the protection of the pack he wouldn't be stupid enough to come back.

Caddin had been dealt with quietly by the pack while I had been in the hospital and while I didn't know all of the details of what went down I assumed that it ended with an unmarked grave in the middle of nowhere. The pack and in particular the alpha took the attempted murder of another brother and working with the enemy seriously. If he had only been working with Andre, Caddin might have been shown some leniency and been cast out by the pack turning him into an omega and letting him fend for himself from now on far away from Blacksprings.

 But trying to kill another brother could never be overlooked. I didn't miss Caddin even though I had grown up knowing him for my whole life; he had hurt my family.

My house was out of commission for the moment and the club had hired more tradesmen to help with the repairs. Bullet holes and blood stains could really put a dampener on living in a place. So, for now I was staying with Seth much to his pleasure otherwise I'm sure he would have been camped out on my couch if I had been able to go home; not that I wanted too.

 Seth and I were in a great place right now and I wasn't going to complain about getting to spend more time with him. While I was feeling better, only annoyed by being hindered by the cast on my arm we fell into a routine where he would help me with any cooking that I wanted to do and had been a great help with organising the cook out today. But this wasn't a normal cook out and I hadn't been the one to organise it even though I would have as a thank you to all of the effort they put in in finding me.

Dan took up position on the decking at the back of the house whistling to get everyone's attention. Seth leant in placing a quick kiss to my forehead before leaving my side and joining his dad on their impromptu stage.

 "I want to thank you all for coming out today after all the trouble that we have had lately and while I would like to say that it's all over and we can move on I can't promise you that with Andre still running around. But that's not why I called you all here."

Seth moved over to a cardboard box that had been tucked underneath the table on the decking and dropped it onto the table flipping the top open while Dan continued. "You're hear today because one of our members went above and beyond what I would ask of any one of you. He showed all the tenants of what our pack stands for, courage, determination and never quitting against the lowest of odds. And it's for all of these reasons that I would be proud to call him brother. Wade, come on up here." Dan motioned him up.

Wade looked stunned but got his feet moving and joined the alpha and VP on stage and Seth pulled out the pack jacket from the box that he had hidden it in.

I beamed and gave Wade the thumbs up from where I sat next to a proud looking Summer. Seth had let slip to me last night that the cook out was an initiation party for Wade who they were patching in early because of everything he had done for me. He had earned his place within the pack before his prospect period was up.

Seth passed Dan the jacket who held it out to Wade. "Welcome to the Pack brother."

Everyone cheered and clapped as Wade put his kutt on still a little shocked but a smile slowly spreading across his face as it finally sunk it what was happening. Dan wrapped him in a bear hug before the rest of the club lined up and did the same. Once they were done Seth and Wade came back to us taking their previous seats but Dan stayed on stage.

"In other news, Freddy petitioned the club to return to our chapter and after a vote last night it was passed so I would like everyone to re- welcome Freddy back into the Pack."

I cheered hard unaware that my uncle had decided to move back to Blackspring's but happy that he had decided to. Maybe I could talk to him about staying at my place so long as Seth was okay with having me around for a while, which I didn't think was going to be a problem.

"Alright everyone, enjoy yourselves and let's get this party started!" Dan finished and the group dug into the food and drink.

While I had been recovering I had been thinking about my future and what I wanted out of my life now that Decker shouldn't be as big of a problem for me anymore. I could start living again and I wanted to try and get back to the path that I was on before dad had died. It was something that I had been going over and over in my mind in the past few days and I had come to a decision, now I just needed to convince Seth.

As the night went on and we had all gotten something to eat I took Seth's hand and led him away from our friends and family, ignoring the cat calls and whistles as I led him towards the back of his property and the little gazebo that he had set up there.

 "What's up Darlin'?" Seth asked dropping down into the seat and pulling me onto his lap. "If you wanted to get me alone all you had to do was ask."

His hands ran up and down my sides as I settled against his chest turning so my legs hung over his lap and onto the seat so I could see him. "While that sounds like a plan for later I actually wanted to talk to you about something without the others listening in."

He rubbed slow circles into my hip with his thumb. "Okay, what did you want to talk about?"

Now that I had made my mind up it was harder to start this conversation that I thought it would be so I just went with it. "I know that werewolves can be made since Lia was a human as a teenager so I want to petition the club to be made a werewolf and join the pack."

I didn't want to live with one foot in the human world and one foot in the supernatural and I never wanted to be a liability like Andre had tried to make me into to be used against Seth. Being a werewolf would help me defend myself and my family.

Seth stopped rubbing and went deathly still staring at a spot over my shoulder. "Turning isn't a decision to be made lightly especially after a traumatic experience-."

I stopped him there placing my hand against his chest. "If my mom hadn't taken me away and you have eventually 'told me' about what you were and I had lived with it for a while before coming to you and asking to be turned would you have said yes? Because I don't want to be turned because of some response to the week I've had but because I don't want to keep one foot on either side of our worlds anymore. I'm all in if you are."

Seth squeezed my hip tightly. "Yes, if you had stayed and you had asked me to be turned I would have done it. And I am all in with you but I want to wait until after the next full moon. Give me a month to teach you what it is going to be like to be a werewolf and before you argue, Chris did the same thing with Lia. If you give me that and at the end of the month you still want to turn then I will help you petition the pack and I'll turn you if they approve."

I threw my arms around Seth's neck and kissed him, waiting until he was the one to deepen the kiss and melted into him. He pulled back breaking the kiss both of us breathing heavily trying to catch our breath but smiling from ear to ear. "We're continuing this later once everyone is gone." He said.

"I love you." I gave him a peck on the nose before running off to him chuckling behind me.

"I love you too Darlin'."

For the rest of the night I enjoyed being with my family andappreciating the life that I had started to get back for myself. I had found myplace in this world and I would fight tooth and nail from now on to protect thepeople closest to me. I had the large family that I was always meant to haveand I had Seth, my mate. Life was looking up.