Chapter Ten: Seth

The first few bars of an edgier version of tainted love started through the speakers as I leant my elbows on the bar, bending over to try and hide the strain in my pants. It was just seeing Violet up there in those boots with my wolf tattooed on her backed called to the wolf in my and it had been a while since I had had an overwhelming reaction to make someone mine in every way. I had read the books and heard the stories and while I might have had my suspicions at seventeen I was pretty sure that I was right in thinking that my wolf saw Violet as our mate. Finding one's true mate was a rare thing in our world with our numbers slowly dying out, most wolves settled for someone that they loved or found attractive enough to pacify their wolf. But the way that I felt about Violet, the way that she made my wolf feel went beyond just love and to be honest it scared me a little. I wasn't one who got scared, if I did there was no way that I would be VP of this club and second in the pack but the thought of anything happening to Violet terrified me. Maybe that was why I had gone off the rails for a while when she had first left, my wolf recognised that we had lost our mate.

Violet pulled me back out of my thoughts when she started to dance, flicking her hair forward and back, turning and kicking her leg into the air before swinging around the pole like she was made for this. The song quickly picked up and she swung herself around by her wrist her legs opening wide and flicking around for a circuit and then quicker than my eyes could follow flipped herself up the pole. Hell, Violet had turned herself upside down before righting herself.

The guys around me hooted and Hollard but I let them get away with it this time, what she was doing was pretty damn impressive for a pole dancer. Violet hooked her legs around the pole about halfway up and leant back gracefully moving her arms out to each side and then flicked them out quicker, sliding by her legs down the pole into a hand stand leaving one heel hooked above her before landing on her knees. Violet stretched up the pole, sticking her ass out until she was upright again with the tempo picking up she flicked herself around the pole again to stop in what looked like a horizontal handstand on the pole. Every single person in the club cocked their head to the side to get a better look at her.

With a wry smile Violet lifted one leg until it was above her head resting on the pole then looked down, flicked her other leg out and tumbled from the pole. My heart stopped, one foot off the stool to try and catch her even though I knew that I would never make it over to the stage in time before Violet hit the floor even with my increased speed, but her other leg came down and caught the pole mid flip like a slinky hopping down a set of stairs until she was righted again. Violet flicked herself around the pole doing the same flying move with her wrist and legs before climbing the pole until she reached the top and crossed her legs around the pole, arms spread out like she was a plane just as she had done the other night. Releasing her legs, a little she slipped quickly down the pole but caught herself just before hitting the floor. The song ended as she slinked upright and took a bow. There was a moment of silence across the club before every roared cheering and clapping for her impressive work. I had never seen anything like her act before in my life; it had been sexy and exciting as all hell and my problem from earlier had only gotten worse as I tried to adjust myself without anyone noticing.

Lia cut the ipod as the next song started to play and the rest of the women joined Violet on stage excitedly talking about one move or another that they wanted to learn but Dan's voice rang out over the pack. "Can you really teach the girls to do that stuff because they were right in thinking that it would boost the profit at the Cherry Trap."

Violet looked down at Dan and the rest of the club, eyes scanning over them all before placing one had on her hip a large smile spreading across her face. "I can teach them the moves but for the girls that learn the routines they are going to need some extra compensation for hazard pay because they will more than likely hurt themselves at one point, hell I know I did. So, I'm thinking an extra five percent in their pay packets at the end of the week if business picks up after they start the new routines."