Chapter Seven: Seth

Hearing Violet groan in the shower I knew that I needed to get out of here for a bit to get my head on straight otherwise I would kick in the door and finish what I had started by kissing Violet on the kitchen counter. Knowing what she had been through and what was currently happening I didn't want to push too far too fast and have her bolt on me. But god I wanted to join her in that shower. My jeans strained across my erection becoming uncomfortable, I needed out of here now before I did something she clearly wasn't ready for. Yanking out my cell from my jeans pocket I dialled Tessa's, one of the workers answering after a couple of rings and I rattled off our old order from high school. The ride over to the diner would give me time to settle down and get control over myself. I wasn't worried about leaving Violet for half an hour while I got our lunches, Wade had followed us back and was stationed outside the house. While he was only a prospect I already trusted him like a full patched brother, the guy was smart and willing to do whatever it was to protect the club. It didn't hurt that she seemed to get along with Wade at the party. The rest of the club was only a few minutes away; it was one of the reasons why I had bought land so close to the club house in the first place.

I had felt conflicted when I told Violet that I was leaving for a little while. She clearly didn't want me to leave her alone but her pride wouldn't allow her to ask me to stay either but I knew her well enough that she wouldn't be happy if I changed my mind and sent one of the guys out for the food instead. She would think that I saw her as weak and that was the one thing that I would never think of her. So, I left, banging the door closed behind me so she would hear me leaving and made sure that it was locked. Wade knew where the spare key was kept and really the guy could bust through the window without injury quicker than he could get the door unlocked if he needed in the house quick smart.

Tessa's lunch rush was in full swing when I strolled through the door, the little bell ringing above me as I went straight over to the counter. The smell of grease, sugar and all-around diner food washed over my senses making my mouth water. It was lucky that I had the metabolism of a werewolf otherwise I would be two hundred pounds overweight by now. Scanning the room, I noted no unfamiliar faces or anyone who was out of place in the diner. I'd be on the lookout for anyone who wasn't a local until Decker or his goons were caught.

Tessa worked behind the counter slinging milkshakes and calling out orders. Her diner had been a staple in our community since I could remember, we'd spent a fair few nights in this place as the core four in one of the booths. It amazed me that Tessa was still here every day at her age but the last time that I had asked her about retirement she'd smacked me upside the head before giving me a shake on the house. Tessa was a force to be reckoned with, even with the things that went bump in the night or lived in the shadows. Her face lit up, smile reaching the lines around her eyes as she saw me walk in abandoning the order that she had been making, calling one of her workers over to finish it.

"Well hello there Seth, let me guess you had the phone order? Seems like a pretty familiar order to me if you don't mind me saying." She winked and chuckled.

I would never take offence to her good-natured teasing; I wouldn't take offence even if she was really having a go, I respected her opinion too much to ever be angry with her. "Are you snooping as to whether or not I have a particular auburn-haired girl waiting at home for half of that order?" I asked.

Turning to the side a mischievous grin flashing across her face, snatching up the take-out bag that was just dropped onto the pass. "Maybe. I'd heard that Violet was back in town, heard that she's still looking mighty fine if the gossip going around town is true. But if I hear that you've been treating her as anything other than a gentleman I'll cut you off from my burgers." She threatened.

It always warmed my heart that so many people were interested in Violet's wellbeing that way if there came a time that I wasn't around she would always be taken care of. Although I didn't like the idea that some of the other men in town had been commenting on how good Violet still looked. It raised my hackles. Something's never changed when it came to how I felt about her. "I promise that will never be a problem for me when it comes to Violet. I may not be a rocket scientist but I'm smart enough to know that not many people get a second chance in this life and I'm not going to ruin that if she ever wants to give me one." Maybe that was the way we were headed, that she was going to give me a second chance since she hadn't pushed me away when I kissed her in fact she kissed me back as hard as I was kissing her.

"Good to hear son. Now take this and give Violet my best." Tessa passed me the heavenly smelling bag. "Tell her she's welcome to drop by anytime if she ever wants a shake and a chat. I've also dropped some of that sauce concoction that she always liked in the bag." With that Tessa marched back behind the counter and slapped her workers hands out of the way to take over the milkshake maker again and I was dismissed. Our leather jackets, motorcycles and reputation that the club had never seemed to phase Tessa. She made her own mind up about a person and she either liked you or she didn't. For some reason that I had never learnt Tessa didn't seem to warm to Caddin whenever the other man would come into the diner with me to pick up a club order. I'd asked him about it but he said that he had no idea why the older woman didn't seem to like him. Maybe he'd tried to hit on her or something? I was just glad that I was on her favoured list, her diner had some of the best food in town.

With one last look around the diner for an unfamiliar face in the diner, I hustled back outside to my bike juggling the takeout as I pulled my Ray Bands back on from where I had tucked them in the collar of my shirt. With the takeout bag safely store in one of the saddle bags I swung a leg over the bike ready to head back to Violet feeling more under control of my body but stopped when my pocket started ringing. Dan's name flashed over the screen so I picked it up could be something important. "Hey everything alright, any news?" Maybe McCormick had been able to track the asshole down.

"Nah nothing yet on our end son but we're working on it. How she holding up?" he asked.

That was the million-dollar question wasn't it. On the one hand I thought that she was going pretty damn well considering she wasn't a shaking mess and only hesitated for a moment before being ok with me leaving the house. Yes, I knew that she wasn't one hundred percent ok with being left alone but she was strong enough to want to be ok with being left alone. "Violet is still a tough nut to crack, I think she's starting to move on from being scared to flat out angry. Wade's watching the house now as I've just run out for some food. Hope you don't mind but I'm staying with Violet today and I'll head back to work tomorrow?" I didn't think he would mind me stepping out today after what I'd learned. My head wouldn't be focused on the jobs we had lined up for today at the garage or any club business that cropped up. They could deal without me for a day.

"Not a problem, I doubt your wolf would let her out of your sight right now anyway. I actually wanted to talk to Violet about tomorrow. Some of the girls from the Cherry Trap were at your party and were wondering if Violet could teach them some of the moves that she showed up on stage. From what I saw it could be good for business." He chuckled.

Violet had been impressive the other night at the party. Sexy as all hell with my wolf still on her back but impressive. The Cherry Trap was owned by the club, one of their legitimate businesses and income and yes it was a strip club but they brought in good money. But with the larger strip clubs over in Montague the club was starting to lose money in an honest business and something needed to change to bring in more people.

Dan piped up while I'd been thinking. "I thought that we could bring all of the gear over to the clubhouse and if Violet agrees she could hold class there?"

It would keep her in my general vicinity tomorrow. "I'll ask her, see what she says and I'll let you know." Never being one for formal goodbyes Dan hung up. If Violet held class tomorrow at the club none of the guys were going to be getting much work done out in the garage but it sure would be some entertainment. Speeding off on the bike I had one goal in mind today; keep Violet's mind off of Decker and hopefully make her smile.