Chapter Thirty-One: Seth

How many times in the last couple of weeks had we needed to sit around the council table and discuss the next problem that we were facing? It seemed that around every corner we were dealing with a new threat or problem to the pack. And to think I could have still been in bed with Violet sleeping in and maybe cooking breakfast with her.

 Who would have thought that domesticity would sound so good? Don't get me wrong I wasn't going soft, I liked the outlaw life but settling down with Violet touched something deep within my soul. Not that I would mention any of this to her until things were resolved with Decker, I didn't want to freak her out with moving too quickly but god it felt good to be with her.

Dan was going on about retaliation after the attack and tracking down Andre. The clubhouse had held up better than I thought after walking out of here last night. The majority of the windows would need to be replaced at the front after being shot out and we would need new doors not to mention patching all of the bullet holes in the walls but the interior of the club house wasn't that bad. Replace some bar stools and the shelves behind the bar and it would be looking as good as new.

The council room hadn't even been touched by last night's violence. My mind wasn't on task today. Violet had taken a bullet for me last night without a thought of her own well- being and safety. She had come out shooting like a real outlaw the image of her looking so determined ran my mind down another memory from last night and I shook my head trying to clear it; I needed to get back on track and focus on the conversations around me before any of the guys noticed that I wasn't paying attention.

"We must have taken out a good portion of the Coyote's otherwise they would have doubled back with larger numbers and attacked again last night." Tanner groused out. He was pissed because his Kutte now had a bullet hole through it and he was going to have to stitch it. Violet would probably end up stitching it back together for him.

"Andre's currently in the wind either way. None of our contacts have been able to track him down and he hasn't shown back up at his place so we might have to spread the new wider until we can get a line on him-." Dan was interrupted by Freddy barging into council putting a stop to whatever he was going to finish with.

"Sorry fella's but you have to hear this." Freddy dropped the old battered police scanner we normally kept under the bar onto the table.

The radio wasn't the best but the dispatchers voice could be heard over all the crackling static. "Reports of shots fired." My hackles rose, all of the pack was currently accounted for. A sheriff's deputy responded pretty quickly. "Address of shots fired?"

There a sinking feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach when you have been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it finally does. My stomach clenched, I never should have gotten out of bed this morning. My wolf scratched, clawed and gnashed his teeth inside my head.

There was a moments pause as the dispatcher must have double checked in between the static. "Twenty- six Crescent Crest."

I didn't hear the response from the deputy my body was already moving before my mind had caught up with it, leaping from my chair with such force that it threw it into the wall.

 "Violet." I breathed and charged out of the council doors, Tanner and the others close on my heels.

 I was frantic as I jumped onto my bike roaring to life underneath me and taring out of the lot faster than was safe but all that I could see was Violet lying bleeding on the floor in her house. I should have been with her today not dealing with this bullshit. I didn't realise that Dan and the others had followed me out of the lot until Dan caught up riding beside me. The pack blew through a red light but we were lucky enough not to be wiped out by an oncoming car.