9- dinner party

A/N

thank you for 1k reads!!! its so crazy I love you guys who comment on the  chapters it makes me happy :) And last thing how are you guys liking legacy? Im about half way through haha I've been reading other books <3 (also this is a competiotion kind of between laur and I hehe

Keefe pov

"No." I said walking away. "Absolutely not."

Lord Cassius grabbed my arm and locked eyes with me. "You are coming. It's formal. And you are going."

"No! I don't even know how to dance, dude."

"I'm not you dude. I'm your Father and you are coming to the dinner." He said firmly.

"It's gonna be boringggggg." I said throwing my cape on the table.

"Then bring a friend." He grumbled. "If that's the only way I can get you to go, then whatever."

"Really?" My eyes lit up. This might be the time I get to shoot my shot, as Biana says.

"Yes, but you have to dance with her also." he smirked.

"Okay never mind."

"It's formal of course you have to dance!" 

"Fos- She doesn't know how to dance father."

"Who?"

"Uh- Sophie..." I dragged out scared of what his response would be.

I know he wasn't really fond of the girl, but he did know I did have kind of a soft spot for Foster.

"Please, anyone but her." He snapped. "That brown eyed freak is immature!"

"Father, she isn't a freak." I snapped back. 

He hesitated. "If you keep her under control I suppose..."

"Yes! Thanks dude!" 

Right before I held my crystal to the light I heard, "not your dude!"

***

I appeared on Sophie's front steps and knocked. Then I started to grow nervous and thought about leaving. As I was fumbling quickly for my crystal again, the door opened. There stood the blonde haired, brown eyed girl I loved.

Loved?

Um.

"Keefe?" She smiled. "What are you doing here?"

I followed her inside and she pulled out the Mallowmelt.

"I came to ask you something." I mumbled through the gooey snack. So it came out mostly like, "Ivecometoasjkyeahsomfing."

"Huh?" She asked, handing me a napkin.

I cleared my throat. "I've uh- come to ask you something."

"Fire away." She said, softly leaning over the table with her chin in her palms.

"So my father is um- having a dinner party for something I completely forgot about, and I- uh was wondering if you would like to accompany me there?" I paused, then quickly plastered a goofy smile on my face which wasn't meant to happen.

"Awh Keefe! I would love to!" She ran around the table and hugged me.

Here comes the butterflies.

I slowly wrapped my arms back around her unsure if I should say something. So instead I sucked in a breath.

Dammit Keefe, I thought.

She let go, but apparently I wasn't ready and held on a second to long.

Worth it.

"Will there be food?" Sophie was almost jumping at the news about going to a formal party.

"Yes! Very good food." I winked still replaying that hug in my mind. "There will also be music and dancing and-"

"Dancing?" She interrupted.

I saw her smile quickly fade into a frown.

"I can't dance!" Sophie grumbled.

"Well I do. I can guide you, don't worry!"

"No Keefe, I can't come anymore sorry."

"No please, Foster. I'll teach you. Soon you will be better than me."

She said nothing. So I did the impossible. I took her hands and looked her in the eyes. "Please. I promise it will be fun."

"Promise?" Sophie asked, holding out her pinky.

She must of seen the confused look on my face because she looked at her pinking and laughed, "ohhh human thing. Sorry!"

"No show me how to do it!"

Foster grabbed my pinky and hooked it around hers and smiled.

"There. A pinky promise. Now if you break the promise... I'll never talk to you again!"

"Lets hope it won't come to that." I smirked.

"You like talking to me Keefe?"

"Everyday, Foster." I whispered.

Her eyes were so close to mine I could see the gold flecks. And she turned away.

So close.

***

Step, turn.

Step, turn, dip.

Step-

"Ouch foster! You good?"

We were waltzing around the ballroom floor to a classic Tchaikovsky song. It was just Sophie and I like in my dreams. 

She looked stunning.

Though the room was slightly dim, she was sparkling. And I was 100 percent sure everyone in the room thought that too.

Foster wasn't terrible per say at dancing but she wasn't magnificent.

"Keefe, I can do this anymore." She breathed.

"Why? We are just getting started." I smirking leading her into a dip.

Sophie gasped and we kept going. Soon everyone joined in and we snuck away to the garden.

I sat down with her on the swing handing her a fizzy drink. 

"Your eyes look like chocolate." I whispered hoping she wouldn't hear.

Though she did.

"And yours look like- They look breathtaking." She breathed.

Our lips crashed together and her drink hit the grassy floor. It was soft but passionate, and I was careful with my calloused hands on her soft skin.

Score.