I sauntered into the room confidently knowing that Aayan is in the other room getting ready, I'm sure of that because he has an important meeting so he will not wait for me to come out. Out of nowhere, a pair of arms picked me up. I squealed both in fright and surprise. Aayan carelessly dropped me on the bed which made me bounce and he jumped on me to completely cage me but not putting his weight on me.

I looked at him with widened eyes as he kept on smirking like he has achieved something good. We spent about two minutes without either of us saying a word.

"What happened?" He asked raising a brow. "Cat got your tongue?" He teased.

"A-a-a-aayan..." I stammered then gulped uneasily because of how intense his orbs have become.

"J-ja-jaw-Jawa-jawahir...." he mimicked his eyes shining with mischief. "Please let me go, please." I whined, batting my eyelashes.

"No can't do milady." He said then started tickling me, I giggled uncontrollably begging him for mercy. Let's just say one thing let to the other, Aayan ended up getting late.

*****

"Jawahir I don't know what to do anymore," the lady sobbed. "I've done everything I could think of but nothing is working out. I feel like giving up, I'm tired. I don't know when being an orphan became a crime in this country."

My heart clenched in a painful way as I listen to my friend cry brokenly. It makes me angrier knowing that it's her relative, her blood that are doing such an awful thing to her and her family. Samira is the eldest child of her family with two younger brothers and a younger sister. Their father died just two weeks ago and his relatives are already drooling on what he left behind. People surprise me honestly, their brother just died not long ago but all they are interested in is his property. Allah ya kyauta. If you knew how fast people forget the deceased, you'll stop living to impress others.

People forget the consequences of mistreating an orphan and that they'll face Allah SWT's wrath for oppressing them. They've forgotten where the Almighty says in Surah An-Nissa. 'And give to the orphans their properties and do not substitute the defective [of your own] for the good [of theirs]. And do not consume their property into your own. Indeed, that is ever a great sin. Q4:02.' Allah SWT also says in the same Surah. 'Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a fire into their own bodies; they will soon be enduring a blazing fire. Q4:10' But because of greed, people push all these away. And there is so much baraka and rahma in being good to the orphans because a Hadith says 'Narrated by Sahl bin Sa'd; The Prophet said, 'I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in paradise like this,' putting his index and middle fingers together. Sahih Bukhari.'

Subuhanallah, imagine being that close to our Rasool in Jannah. And this is an authentic Hadith. May Allah make us contented with what we have, Ameen.

I managed to calm her down and we ended the call after I promised to visit her soon. My phone rang again seconds after I kept it on the table. I answered without looking at the screen.

"Hey cuz,"

I smiled sheepishly. "Hey Ibtee!" I said guiltily, I was suppose to call her but it totally skipped my mind.

Yes Ibtisam, the same Ibtisam I was pissed at for getting cozy with my husband weeks ago. When I told her what happened, she laughed her ass off. Apparently she's done with love and men in general.