Chapter 23

Assalamu alaikum,

I'm so sorry I didn't update in a while.
I lost a cousin of mine last Friday, she was in an accident, please include her in your duahs.

JAWAHIR

The next day I woke up with a cramped neck and back, because me being me slept against the door. I waltzed to the ensuite rubbing my neck to ease the pain. I made a bubble bath to ease my aching muscles. I sighed out loud after I placed myself in the tub.

I walked to the shower stall thirty minutes later to clean myself up. Wrapping my body in a towel I proceeded to the closet. I picked a random long sleeved shirt with a floral maxi skirt. I walked downstairs after getting ready.

I decided to make breakfast first before waking them up.

"Good morning Ma'am." One of the staffs, I think her name is Na'ima, greeted me.

"Morning." I replied back, continuing my journey to the kitchen.

I decided to make a Nigerian breakfast dish. Kosai da Koko. I used my food processor to grind the soaked beans with vegetables. Using a kettle to boil the water for the koko so that it'll be easier and faster. I brought out the kamu Aunty Amina sent me, from the freezer. After pouring the now ready koko in the flask to keep it warm. I started frying the kosai.

Fifty minutes later and I was through. I set the table and went downstairs to wake them up. Affan, Nai'a and Amal have already taken their baths when I met them.

"Good morning." They said cheerfully.

"Good morning babies." They scrunched their faces at the name, especially Affan. "Did you sleep well?" I inquired ignoring their facial expressions.

"Naam. They beds are so comfy." Amal said and the rest nodded their heads in agreement. I helped Amal tie her hair before leaving their room.

I am contemplating about going to Aayan's room. I know he's awake. Should I go and tell him the food is ready or just let him come down by himself? I decided to go with the latter.

"Ya Jaw what are we having for breakfast?" We were all sited at the table, except Aayan.

"Koko da kosai." Affan answered instead.

"What's kosai?" Amal asked furrowing her brows in confusion.

"You don't know?" Nai'a shot her a look that screamed 'what the hell?'

How do I even explain it to her? I don't blame her though, she wasn't born here anyway. "It's uhm- a bean cake. It's made of grounded beans with vegetables. And you take it with yaji ; soft grounded chili." I explained to her. "But you do know koko right?"

She nodded her head understandingly. "Oh yes I know koko. Baba loves it so Ammiey usually prepares it for us."

I bobbed my head. I served them and we proceeded to eat. Aayan walked in a few minutes later. He's dressed in a casual t-shirt with sweatpants. His hair a bit wet and messy, he's just coming from the shower I guess. Why does he have to be so gorgeous?