Chapter 8

I bet y'all didn't expect this!!!💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

You're welcome❤️😌❤️

Toh how's the sallah going?
Ni kam mine is boring☹️☹️

🍻🥂

JAWAHIR

Life has been gloomy for the past three days. I still don't know how to cope with this. Are they really just going to get me married to some stranger I know nothing about? Who is he? Do I know him? How old is he? Is he twice my age? Or worst the same age as my father. All these I do not know. Is he religious or not? All these questions are making me frustrated and they make me want to pull my hair hard.

I haven't stepped out of my room ever since, I have been surviving on the stack of junk food in my room.

They've all been trying to get me out of the room, but I wouldn't budge. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. If there is one thing I'm sure about Abu is that he never goes back on his words, and I know Hajiya will keep pressuring him. So I am getting married after all. But to who is the million dollar question.

Right now I'm watching everything everything on my laptop. I can't imagine being inside for 18 years, but I might try.

I heard a knock on my door. It's probably Mammie. "Jawahir?" It's her alright.

"Jaw habibty please open the door." I'm sorry Mammie I'm not ready.

"Ana asif bint; I'm sorry so sorry." I heard her sigh. "At least eat something I promise I won't bother you again." She sniffed.

She got the same answer she gets all the time, nothing. I heard her walking away.

I should step out of the room, I think it's enough or maybe because I'll soon run out of food.

I lazily walked to the bathroom to take a bath. After taking a relaxing bath I came out in just a towel. I rubbed my body with cream. My face has healed but it still throbs something. I waltzed to the closet, I dressed myself in a white and golden blouse and skirt ankara, and tied my head tie.

Where's my phone? I haven't seen or used since before the incident. I know the battery must be dead. I made my bed and cleaned the room. I saw my phone lying carelessly under a pile of clothes. Yup the battery is dead.

I plugged my phone before ambulating out of the room. Here goes nothing.

I saw Mammie, Mama and Ammiey in the living room but none of them noticed me.

"Maymuna I don't know what to do anymore, she hasn't come out for the past three days nor did she answer, I'm afraid maybe she has fainted or tried to— ...you know like last time." Mammie looks tired, it's like she aged in those three days.

"It's okay Khadijah have faith In sha Allah nothing has happened to her. So that means she doesn't know yet." Both Mammie and Mama shook their heads. What I'm I suppose to know? I decided to announce my presence.

"Assalamu alaikum." I said softly.

"Oh my God Jawahir!!" Mammie exclaimed. She quickly stood up and in a flash she's in front of me.