Chapter 40

Where are the night owls👀👀

Sorry not Sorry it's a Jawahir's POV 😂😂

Don't come @ me😹🚶🏻‍♀️

Ignore the typos please, typed it real quick.

JAWAHIR

Ramadan; the time to empty your stomach and feed your soul.

Ramadan is a time when one cuts himself off from worldly norms and renews himself to Allah Subuhanahu wa ta'ala-his creator. He disciplines his mind, heart, hand, feet, tongue and stomach to act only in accordance to that which Allah Subuhanahu wa ta'ala loves. In the process, the believers heart is cleansed and washed to its deepest and most innermost part not from earthly water but from the divine rain-the final revelation-The Quran.

Alhamdulillah the moon was sighted and Ramadan begins today. Right now all the females in the house, except Nai'a, are in the kitchen, preparing the meal for suhoor.

Mama is handling the tuwo while Mammie is handling the soup; miyan taushe. Abu prefers having that for suhoor and we have it almost all the time.

"Kawai za'a wa mutane tuwo da assusuban nan." Suhayla grumbled under her breath, she's leaning against the counter top.

Mammie turned around to glare at her. "Will you stop talking nonsense before I descend a slap on your face, go on and make yourself useful." She hissed at the end. Suhayla pouted and started slicing the fruits.

I bit my inner cheek to hide my laughter. Y'all must me wondering why I am at home right?

Well, he who shall not be named isn't back yet. He has been gone for two months and he still hasn't directly spoken to me in anyway. It's through one of his sisters, but astagafurillah I'm doubting if he really asks about my wherebout.

The first week I was very sad and heartbroken, I mean I literally just poured my heart out to him and that's the response I got. The next few weeks I was very angry, how dare he?!

But now, now I'm disappointed. Beyond disappointed, I guessed I expected too much and somehow I'm responsible for my own broken heart. I expected too much, but I've learned my lesson now.

The last time he disappeared like this I was lucky enough to get an e-mail, I guess I'm not worthy of that anymore......

"Jawahir!" A voice broke me out of my reverie. "Huh?"! I looked around confusedly.

"You're always lost these days Jaw, what's wrong?" Mammie asked.

"She's missing her sahib alqalb obviously," Suhayla said with a teasing glint in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes at my sister.

"When is he coming back by the way? He has been gone for long." Mama added with a frown.

I felt a heavy weight settle on my chest. I flashed them a fake wide grin. "Mama he has been very busy. We talked at night, during their suhoor period." I hate you Aayan, for making me lie to my parents, to the people I love the most.

"He found out that one company Baba invested so much in is crumbling, he's trying to either buy it or get his shares out safely. And it's a very long procedure." This part isn't a lie though, at least from what Maheera said.

"I pray he comes back after all this is your first Ramadan together as a couple."

I know that Mama, I know.