Chapter 47

I know! I know!
You guys are angry, I'm so sorry❤️
Wallah I finished my exams on the 6th. I have completely exhausted my draft, so I don't have anything written down.
Because of my exams I didn't write for almost a month that lead me to having a teeny weeny writer's block😩😭
I didn't want to rush and give you guys a shitty chapter that's why I took my time.

I'm still not that proud of the chapter😔😔

Ps: New readers say hi❤️ welcome🎉🎉

You're most likely going to encounter typos, bare with me 🙏🏼

AAYAN

The ringing of my phone is what woke me up. With a groan, I stretched to get rid of the cramps I obtained from sleeping on the floor. Still a bit disoriented, I tapped around for my phone. It was my personal assistant, Bashar.

"Hello?" I answered after clearing my voice.

"Hello sir, good evening."

"Evening Bashar," he inquired about Jawahir's health to which I replied with 'Alhamdulillah'

"Uhm Sir? We have finally managed to get a meeting with the CEO of Vinci, three days from now. I've emailed all the details you need." Vinci is a very successful privately owned French construction company, it's the world single largest construction company with more than 185,000 employees globally.

We've been trying to arrange a meeting with their representatives but in vein, after more than five months of trying, we got successful. It has been my number one agenda for months now.

"Bashar get ready to fly to France with Uthman, thank you." I said because I won't be able to attend, I cannot leave, not again. I didn't wait to hear his gratitude, I cut the call. I called Uthman and filled him in on the details of the meeting.

"Of course Aayan, rest assured, everything will go smoothly In Sha Allah. Bashar and I will take care of everything, you stay here and take care of your wife, she needs you more than ever."

A surge of emotions blocked my throat. Family isn't always about blood, it's surrounding yourself with people who genuinely love and care for you. Uthman has been with me throughout the darkest phase of my life, he was my support system. Honestly without his help I don't know where I would be now. The days when I feel like surrendering, to just give up on everything and rest, he was always there to place a hand on my shoulder and say 'keep on going, everything will fine. Allah is with you, I am with you.' There are many things my family aren't aware of but he knows of them.

"Uthman," I called with a somewhat helpless tone. I don't think I've thanked him enough, I don't think I thank him enough.

"Kar ka fara; don't even start Aayan, I don't want to hear it. What are brothers for? I will call you after going through the files, may Allah grant Amaryan mu shifa." He ended the call before I could even reply.

What are brothers for?

While I might never have a brother from the same parents, I can proudly say Uthman is my brother, and I'm lucky and proud to have him. He's the best brother anybody could ever wish for.