Chapter 44

Because I'm feeling very generous😌😁

JAWAHIR

"Aayan?" Ammiey gasped. Aayan shook his head at his mother. He kept panting like he ran a marathon.

He shifted his gaze to me. My heart feels like it's about to come out from my throat. His gaze was so intense I could feel it prickling my skin. He marched towards me like a predator will to it's prey.

"Tesoro," he breathed huskily. I clenched my eyes shut, I could feel the echo of his voice deep within me. "Jawahir," he breathed again.

I've always wondered how I'll react the day he returns. Will I be the vulnerable type and throw myself at him? Will I yell, shout? Will I throw things?

I found myself doing none, I became completely numb.

Aayan hesitatingly raised his palms to cup my face. He joined our foreheads together still breathing deeply. "Tesoro, Tesoro......." he kept chanting like a mantra.

He leaned down to place his lips on mine, it's at that moment my senses came back and I pushed him away without a second thought.

HOW DARE HE?!

I don't and can't love you, ever!!! You are a liability forced upon me, I will never love you!

I took pity on you!

I didn't ask you to mix your emotions in this, you cannot blame me!

YES! My plan was to blissfully ignore everything, I never asked you to involve your feelings!

—was a mistake! It meant nothing—

Everything came rushing back with full force, the hurtful words, the heartbreak, the tears, the pain, everything.

"No, no, Jawahir don't, wait! JAWAHIR!" He yelled but I was long gone. Two drops of tears escaped my eyes. I angrily wiped them.

You will not shed a single tear, you've cried enough. You're not weak, you're strong! You will NOT cry.

"Jawahir wait, please wait."

All eyes were on me when I went down. "Jawahir!" Aayan yelled and their attention shifted to him.

Aayan came to stand beside me.

Ammiey was the one to first break the silence. "I think it's best if you go home."

No please!

I wanted to yell but it's like I lost my voice.

"But Ammiey," Kulthum objected.

"No Kulthum, they should leave."

"But space is what she needs. He should be the one to leave." She argued further, glaring at her brother.

"I said NO Kulthum." Ammiey snapped. "The driver is waiting for you."

"No I'll drop her, he should leave with the driver." Kulthum said. She dragged me by the arm, I don't know what to do or what to feel. I'm so confused.

Kulthum opened the door for me and made me enter before doing the same. We drove to our destination in absolute silence.

We arrived the same time as them. Kulthum walked me inside. "I know you don't want to speak or even see him right now, just close yourself in your room. Tomorrow when your heart calms down then you talk, okay?" I nodded wordlessly. She said goodnight and left.