Beep

(3/?)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Michael's POV

...
I opened my eyes, I was afraid I was dead, but I wasnt.
I stood up and I was horrified of the sight.

Jeremy..

He got hit by the truck and there was blood coming from his head and mouth.
He was covered with scars.
Tears started streaming down my face.
I went near his unconcious body and lift him up on my lap.

"no..no..no...NO NO JEREMY PLEASE WAKE UP, I NEED YOU..." it was no use, he didnt reply back, not a single word. I started sobbing, uncontrollably. It was only a matter of time until a bunch of passerbys came to see what was happening. I tried to shake him, hoping it would wake him up.
He risked his life to save me..
Its all my fault..
My fault
I hugged his unconscious body.
The ambulance and the police came.
They carried his limp body in the ambulance, They let me in the vehicle.
I was holding his hand firmly during the whole trip, I couldnt stop crying.

We arrived at the hospital and they placed Jer in a room, they didnt let me go see him. They gave me a checkup to see if I was fine. I wasnt that hurt just a scar but who cares about me? I need to see Jeremy. They still didnt let me.
They called my moms to pick me up.
When they arrived, they were worried sick.

"MICHAEL? MY DEAR? ARE YOU ALRIGHT WHAT HAPPENED?" They both flooded me with questions. I couldnt answer them, I was still crying, I could only let out a broken whimper.
We all went home, I couldnt stoo worrying about Jeremy.
I couldnt sleep instead I cried and cried.
Its all my fault..
This wouldve had happen if I just held my feelings in.
I cried myself to sleep, hoping that he would be okay..

-next day-

I went to school but I couldnt stop thinking about him.
I wasnt even paying attention to the teacher.
"Micha, We heard what happened.." Brooke went up to me, the others were with her, they all had sad faces.
I couldnt speak.
I couldnt even look back at them.
"Michael, Look at us.." I couldnt, Instead I ran away.
School ended and I avoided everyone, I even avoided my mothers.
I locked myself in my room, I refused to eat. My eyes were red and puffy.
My mom knocked on my door.
"Mahal, Sweetie, The doctors called..They said you could visit Jeremy.." I instantly took my hoodie, and bolted out of my house to the hospital.
I arrived at the hospital and asked the counter.
"Hello, Welcome to the Halo Hospital, How ma-"

"Wheres the room of Jeremy Heere?" I sputtered out.
She clicked a few things on her computer.

"Room 169, You can visit him, Its on the 2nd floor and the first door to your right." I nodded and ran to the room.
I opened the door, carefully.
There was Jeremy, He was hooked up to different machines.
There was Mr. 0Heere sitting on a chair. He seemed worried and sad.
"Michael.." Mr. Heere whispered as he looked up at me.
I looked back and forth at the two of them.
I kneeled at the side of my best friend.
I held his hand, firmly.
Tears started to form at the corner of my eyes.
"Im sorry..." that was all I could form.
I looked at Mr. Heere.

"What did the doctors say..?" I asked.
He didnt say anything.

"He'll be in a coma for 2 months, He has a 50% chance of surviving.." He said, still looking down at the tile beneath him.

My heart shattered.
No, Jeremy, You cant die.
We need you.
I need you..
Its all my fault.
I wish I was the one who got hit.
Get it together, Mell
He has a 50% of surviving? Right?
He'll surely survive..
Im sorry, Jeremy..
I stayed in the hospital, until visiting hours were over.
Mr.Heere went out early.
I was about to leave, I kissed his forehead, gave him one last look and left.
I came home and went straight to my room.
I cried myself to sleep, yet again.
Jeremy will live, wont he?
He'll survive..
He'll more than survive..
I fell asleep.

-next day-

I didnt bother to wear my normal red hoodie. I wore a black hoodie, hoping that the others will get the message to leave me alone. I avoided everyone, again.
I didnt even speak, not a single word.
After school, I immediately drove to the hospital and to Jeremy's room.
Mr. Heere wasnt there yet.
I grabbed a chair and sat beside his bed.
The only thing that was filling the room was the sound of the machines operating.
I was staring at him, Imagining that he was still awake.
A doctor came in and he was surprised to see me there.
He just came to check up on Jeremy.
"So, are you his friend?" He asked.
I wish I was more than that.

"Y-yes.." I practically mumbled.
He nodded.

"Well..you can talk to him..He cant talk but he can hear you.." He informed me, that made me a bit happy.
Atleast he wont be alone.
Once the doctor left, I scooted a bit closer.

"Jeremy, I don't know if you can hear me..but I just want you to know..Youll get through this..I-I-I gosh Im crying haha..I just wished t-that you will get b-b-better...I will always be here b-by your side so y-youll never be lonely or s-scared...Get better soon please...I l-love you..so much.." I started sobbing.
Why am i crying..?

"Hahaha...thats enough of t-that depressing shit..I dont know what else to tell you..I guess I c-could tell you about my d-day?.." I started rambling on all the things that was on my mind, how my day was, what did he miss.
Mr.Heere opened the door, I didnt mind it. I continued to talk to my player 2.

°•°•°•°•°•

Visiting hours were over, I kissed his forehead again.
"Well I gotta go now Jer...I'll come back tomorrow...Get well soon..I love you..." I left and went home.

"Mahal, Where have you been?" My mama asked.

"I visited, Jeremy.." I answered.
She sighed and gave me a hug.

"He'll get better soon, I promise.." She whispered. I nodded and head to my room.
I fell asleep.

-time skip: 2 months later-

Ive been visiting my best friend for a long time, to the point that the nurses who took care of Jeremy, knew everything about me, who I was visiting, My life, My story.
I opened the door, again. I was bringing a blue rose.

"Hey buddy! Its me, again! I brought you this..Its a blue rose cause I knew you liked blue..Its been 2 months..I hope you wake up.." I sighed, I sat on the chair. I held his hand.

"Haha..Well I hope youre feeling better buddy...Brooke gave me some strawberry yogurt and its delicious..haha..!" I said, Silence filled up the room. The heart monitor was beeping.
Beep Beep Beep..

"Look dude, I know I said this a million times but I hope you get better...Please wake up..Haha..Great, Im crying again..Oh God.. Jeremy, I don't know how to tell you this but I loved you since the 7th grade...I cant lose you...Stay strong, Jer..Im sorry but I gotta go..Im busy but I'll be back okay?.. I love you..!"
I placed the rose on the desk, kissed his forehead and left. The only thing that was filling the silence was the monitor. Then suddenly the beeping stopped.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeep....