-chapter 19-

Mikasa

"Mommy , Scout potty!" Akane's voice sounded like an echo as I woke up and began to come back to my senses. After her birthday, Levi and Hanji watched the kids and Eren and I went to a bar to have a few drinks, a celebration to Akane and us.

"Alright sweetheart, do you have his leash on him?" I heard Eren's groggy voice as he slowly stretched from the bed and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning sunshine," he said as he tossed my bed hair, we both giggled. Akane stomped her feet on the ground, getting jealous of her dad paying attention to me and not her, it was adorable. I smiled as he turned around and looked down to her level, seeing that she had Scout's leash in her fragile hands.

"Dada, Scout potty!" she yelled and tugged on Eren's shirt, giving the leash to him with the other spare hand. He smiled down at her and happily clipped the leash onto Scout, who wagged his tail and licked both of their faces. Akane began to hizz and scream, jumping in circles and rubbing the licks from her face. "Icky!" His tail lowered as Eren interfered.

"Sweetheart, let's not yell at Scout, he has emotions too. He licked you because he loves you," his smile never went away as he began to walk out of the room, holding Scout's leash in one, and Akane's hand in the other. I heard her faint voice as their voices got quieter and heard the front door shut of the cabin.

I wiped away the sleepy's in my eyes and climbed out of bed of bed with an effort, I wasn't as strong as I used to be with having two babies. But that's okay, I can still beat someone's ass if they ever touched my family.

Standing at the front door looking at Eren and Akane outside with Scout, I began to think about what Akane said to us about Noah. How she thought we payed more attention to him than we did with her. My chest stings even knowing that she thought that, or more so that we let it happen. I want my kids to be treated as equals, not favorites.

Eren noticed me and gave a grin, being dragged by Scout when he saw a twig right after. Akane tried to catch up with them but her little legs couldn't and she feel on her bum, wailing. I ran outside to pick her up in the warm grass.

"Shh shh, it's okay love bug it's okay," I reassured her as I wiped the grass off of her. Eren darted his head in our direction and look relieved once he saw I picked her up. He made his way to us with Scout who had a stick happily in his mouth.

"There's my girls!" he said, extending his arms so he could hold Akane. I chuckled and gently put her in his arms. She immediately buried her head in his chest and began to fall asleep. "Well, so much for getting up early."

"What about Noah though? He hasn't cried or woke up at all since we got home and fed him. Is something wro-"

"Sweetheart, I promise you nothing is wrong with him," he reassured but I didn't feel reassured at all.

"Well, for my mental sanity I'm going to check on him." He smiled a little and tussled my hair as I laughed and started to walk back inside.

"You're such a good mother Mika." I paused. Mika?  I haven't heard him call me that in that tone in so long. good mother? He really called me a good mother?  I could feel my face get hot and ran inside from embarrassment. Climbing up 5 stairs feels like you're climbing 1,000 when you're embarrassed.

Opening up Noah's room, I saw him there laying in his crib and sucking on his pacifier. My fears and embarrassment were washed away when I saw he was okay. I didn't pick him up or stare for too long, I just sat in the rocking chair in his nursey and read a baby book that was on his shelf.

"Glad to know you can read preschool level books," Eren sarcastically said as he walked in quietly into Noah's room. I jumped a little and looked up at him, tempted to throw the book at him but didn't because of not wanting to wake up Noah.

"Nice to see you too," I looked back down at the book and shut it, observing the colors of it. The purples mixed with pink that mixed with blue. Eren knelt down next to the rocking chair and put a hand on the cover.

"I want to read thousands of books to our kids Mika, I want to never stop reading to them. I'll read to them until the day I die," he spoke softly as I looked up at him. I stared into his eyes and I could see the trauma in his eyes and he could see it in mine.

"Eren-" I whispered and ran my hands through his hair. "I'm glad we ran away when we did. So we could spend the rest of our days like this and without any fear of titans and the curse." He nodded and rested his head on my shoulder. He was so submissive to me and I loved this side of him, because it was him. He always put on an act when other people were around to impress them.

"Me too. What do you think would've happened if we didn't run away?"

OMG I ACTUALLY UPDATED THIS STORY !!! i literally never thought i would again but i read a lot of the comments and was so freaking happy that so many of you enjoyed it so far. im proud to say my writing has improved lmfao and i hope you enjoy this chapter :)