-chapter 10-

THIS ARTWORK IS NOT MINE! I AM NOT SURE WHO THE ARTIST IS, BUT ALL CREDIT GOES TO THEM!

Akane was now 2 months old and looked just like her dad, but both Eren and Mikasa said she was going to be just like Mikasa eventually. Levi had come over a lot to check in on the young couple, and he had already loved little Akane. Hanji and him wistfully had a miscarriage and have been in a stage of blaming themselves, to the point they can't look at each other.

A knock was heard and Mikasa was breastfeeding Akane. Akane whined as Mikasa called out to Eren.

"Eren, baby, can you get the door? It's Levi," Mikasa spoke as he approached the door hurriedly answered the door.

"Hi Levi."

"Tch, stop talking and let me see my niece," Levi's voice cracked. Eren could see there were dried tears in his eyes, but he knew not to mention anything.

"She's with Mikasa, in the living room," Eren spoke and before Eren could escort him, Levi pushed past him and sat himself next to Mikasa on the couch. He buried his head in his hands and cried lightly.

"Hi Uncle Levi! I wanted to say everything is going to get better," Mikasa put Akane over her face and talked for her in a high voice. Levi raised his head and grabbed Akane from Mikasa's arms and squeezed her. Opening her eyes ajar, Akane smiled at her uncle. Everyone looked at each other shocked. Eren grabbed a hold of Mikasa's waist and rubbed it as Levi cried more.

"D-did sh-she have her first smile yet?" Levi asked, almost sounding guilty for him receiving the first.

"No, this is her first smile," Eren spoke for Mikasa as she cried. She got out of Eren's grasp and grabbed her camera off of the coffee table. She had been waiting for this moment since she turned two months.

"Say cheese!" Mikasa said, covering her face with the camera as Levi held Akane to his chest and smiled cheekily. "Good one," Mikasa added as she walked to Eren and Levi to show them the picture.

"Haha, she really does love her uncle," Eren chuckled as he sat down next to Mikasa as she sat down as well.

"Tch. Alright kids, I'll be heading out now," he paused and looked down at Akane, "and you squirt, behave for your parents," Levi jokingly said and handed her to Mikasa and kissed Akane and Mikasa's cheek as he shook Eren's hand. Akane had no reaction to what just happened and fell asleep in her mothers arms.

"Levi, I'll walk you out," Mikasa offered," getting up from the couch.

"No no, it's okay," he looked down and sighed, "besides, I need to get home to Hange." Mikasa shook her head in protest.

"Stay here for a few days Levi, you two need to cool off," Mikasa offered a loving shoulder pat. Levi shook his head

"I need to be there for my wife when she needs me the most. I know we're not getting along right now, but the least I could do is make her feel a little bit better for what happened," Levi obligated against his sister. "So please, this is hard on all of us, leave us alone for a few days until we get things settles, I'll be back when things get better," Levi side hugged his sister. "Behave!" He pointed while walking down the path with his hands in his pockets. Mikasa sighed and looked down at her blessing of a daughter.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" Mikasa whispered to Akane who closed her eyes and lay against her mothers chest.

"She asleep?" Eren popped his head through the entryway and smiled. Mikasa nodded and smiled back at him.

"Let's go to bed, okay? I'm getting tired," Mikasa yawned as Eren followed her to their room. Mikasa lay Akane in her bassinet, which was a soft pink with animals dangling above Akane.

"I'll put her to bed," Eren took Mikasa Akane out of her arms. Mikasa tiredly smiled and walked to their bed. She didn't bother changing as she tucked herself in the covers as sleep overtook her.

Eren, on the other hand, was struggling to put Akane to sleep. She was whining and squirming. Eren found her binky and placed it in her mouth, which made her tired once again. He lay he down gently in the crib and kissed her head.

"Goodnight Akane, I love you."

Mikasa found herself awake and with her mom. She was younger, probably around nine years old.

"Mommy?" Mikasa whispered, looking up at the towering gorgeous figure above her. Her mother smiled down at her.

"Yes, my dear?" Mikasa's mom bent down the child's height.

"Where am I?"

"Home silly! Help me with dinner!" Mikasa's mom laughed as Mikasa shivered. She had no idea where she was at, and that thought scared her even more, but Mikasa went along with her mom and followed her to the kitchen. She was in the same house where Mikasa lived now, where her parents used to live. "Your father will be home soon, so let's get cookin," Mikasa's mom hurriedly got the ingredients out of the garden, which were laid out on the counter.

"Can you cut the carrots, please?" Mikasa's mom asked as she pealed the potato skins. Mikasa nodded, confused but accepted the task. Her mother hummed a song that she would sing to Mikasa when she had a hard time sleeping.

"Mikasa, darling, let's go set the table, yeah?" Mikasa inched to the cabinet where the silver where was usually at, afraid something might be different. She opened it, to reveal, everything was the same, spoons to the left, knifes in the middle, and forks on the right. She Picked up three of each and set the, upon each napkin her mother had already placed down.

"All day Mika! All we have to do now is wait for Daddy!" Mikasa's mother sat down, feeling exhausted after all she had done. It looked as though she was pregnant. Mikasa ran up to her mom and hugged her, not knowing if this would be the final time she'd see her.

"Don't worry my child, Mommy is okay." Mikasa's eyes shot open to her baby crying in her crib. She had one of her migraines, she felt as though it would pierce her skull open. She clutched her head and began to have flashbacks of the day her parents were murdered in front of her. She shook Eren, attempting to wake him up, and after a minute or so, he awoke.

"Mikasa, what's wrong?" He could see was not in good shape right now, and she barely ever showed signs of weakness.

"My head," she got up from the bed, but Eren stopped her.

"I'll get the baby, what's wrong with you?"

"I had a dream about my parents, that they were alive," Mikasa looked down with sorrow, knowing her dream would never come true.

"Hey, it's okay, you and I both know they're in a better place now," Eren knelt down to face Mikasa, who continued to frown.

"Eren, that just makes me feel worse because I know the better place would've been here with me," Mikasa started to cry as Akane started to wale in her crib. Eren got up and held onto the baby and rocked her until she fell back asleep.

"Mikasa, listen, your parents would be so proud of you right now, being the best solider in the war, surviving anything life threw at you, and having our baby, Mikasa, even though I never met your parents, they're proud," Eren sat down next to Mikasa and rubbed her back. She looked up at Eren with eyes wanting love, needing love, and needing comfort. He hugged her as tightly as he could and kissed her lips lovingly. They pulled away from each other as Mikasa's head began to fell better. That's one good thing about her migraines, they only last a few minutes. Mikasa lay upon Eren, talking to him about how much they've grown, and how much she wanted Akane to wake up so they could all cuddle together.