-chapter 2-

As the cabin house approached near, Mikasa's cheeks were stained with droplets of tears.

"Why did it have to end up like this?" She thought to herself, shoving her hands in her dress pockets. Mikasa then had a realization, she hasn't wornher scarf in over a year. A year.

"And we're here!" Historia said aloud, opening the door to reveal a near empty house, only with a baby crib in the middle of the floor and scattered papers on the ground.

"Sorry about the mess! I was just trying to find a paper!" Historia exclaimed, embarrassed as she began to pick up them up.

"Armin and I will clean this up, you go check on your baby," Mikasa said, noticing Historia's baby was whining.

"Thank you so much Mikasa, I owe you one!" Mikasa rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"Unless you can bring Eren back, you don't have to do anything." She sighed as she picked up papers one by one, scanning them, analyzing the dates and writing.

"I'm sorry dear, I know how badly you miss him. He'll be back," Historia smiled softly as Mikasa took a break from gathering papers and watched Historia cradle her baby.

"Do you want to hold her?" Historia asked.

"Can I?" Mikasa asked, almost afraid to hold the previous baby.

"Of course." Historia placed her baby in Mikasa's arms as both of them smiled.

"I never knew holding a baby could be so joyous," Mikasa laughed out and brought the baby closer to her. "What is the baby's name?"

"Ymir." Mikasa half smiled at that.

"How did I know?" They both laughed at Mikasa's joke. "She's gorgeous."

"Thank you. She gets it from her daddy." Mikasa looked down and nodded. She didn't want to ask who the father was and put her in an awkward situation, but at the same time, she was extremely curious.

"Um...may I ask who the father is?" Mikasa asked, looking up from the floor back to the baby's eyes who were bright blue like Historia's.

"His name is Liam. He's usually not here though because...well," Historia looked down at the ground, "you know I really don't like men, they just want me to have kids because I'm royalty. I thought I was going to hate this child, but look at her, she's gorgeous and I love her with all my heart." Mikasa smiled and kissed Ymir's forehead. Her skin was so smooth and Mikasa never wanted to let go of this baby.

"I'll tell you what Mikasa, you should really be my babysitter!" She looked up at Historia.

"Really? I'd love to!" They both smiled.

"You Girls do realize I'm still here!" Armin exclaimed. All of them laughed, including Ymir.

******

Two weeks after Historia's incident, Mikasa walked the path to go back to Historia's house. She was going to pick me Ymir for the night since Historia was going on a "date."

Mikasa knocked on the door twice and patiently waited for an answer. Two knocks again. Finally Historia answered with a robe on and curlers in her hair.

"I'm so sorry Mika! I'm running behind schedule! There's a list of things to do with Ymir for the night and I already packed her things!" Historia ran over to Ymir and kissed her forehead. "I love you so much sweetie, yes I do!" Ymir laughed as Mikasa chuckled as well.

"Have fun Historia and good luck tonight. I'm glad you're feeling good enough now to date again," Mikasa said as Historia smiled.

"Me too, now you two, go off now, I'll be late!" Mikasa laughed.

"Okay okay!" Mikasa picked up Ymir who snuggled against her shoulder as she wrapped the duffel bag around her other shoulder.

"What about a crib?" Mikasa asked?"

"Oh gosh, I forgot." Historia ran up her steps and handed Mikasa a travel crib and Ymir's stroller.

"NOW, you two can head off," she practically shooed Mikasa and Ymir out the door. "I love you Ymir, have a fun time baby!" And with that, the door was shut as Mikasa looked at Ymir with confusion.

"Does your mom always act this crazy?" Ymir giggled and grabbed onto Mikasa now growing ponytail as she smiled. "Time to go for a walk sweetie," Mikasa said, placing Ymir in her stroller and strapping her in.

The walk seemed to last a lot shorter with a baby around and Mikasa's mind began to wonder if Eren and her ever could have a family. Their emerald eyes, their black hair, their temper, it was perfect in her eyes. Then, Ymir woke Mikasa from her daydream from a screech. Mikasa stopped walking and pulled Ymir up on her shoulder.

"It's okay baby, it's okay, we're almost to my house then I can feed you, okay? I know that you're tired and hungry, I am too," it's only 5 more minutes. Ymir seemed satisfied with the answer since she closed her eyes. Mikasa sighed with relief and placed her backed down in her stroller and walked again.

As she saw her house in her view of vision, she saw a persons figure. She looked around, confused and a little scared. She didn't have her pistol with her since it was in her dads jacket, which was still with Historia. She began to walk faster. Faster. Faster.

"Mikasa? Is it really you?" Oh dear god, it's him. It's really him.