-Chapter 20-

Mikasa's POV

Eren looked up at me when the words came out of my mouth. He shook his head his frantically, almost pleading to not bring it up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Eren grabbed my hands again and rubbed his thumbs against my skin, soothing both of us.

"Shh, let's not think about that. We're here now and I wouldn't change anything because I'm living my dreams, with you." His eyes gazed into mine, making me calm down more as I focused on them while he continued to brush my hands. He looked down at my hands soon after and began to mummer things under his breath I couldn't understand.

"Eren?" I whispered, beginning to worry.

"Huh?" His head shot up, startling me. He sounded frantic and I felt guilty that I asked that question I did only moments ago. Even though the curse was lifted, we had running memories that we'd tell our children when they are much much older. I could tell that he was having flashbacks, flashbacks to when the war still reined and when Eren saw his future but never followed it when I told him what he was to me. I ran my fingers through his hair as he began to speak once more, "Can we just go to sleep?"

I frowned a little, "What about Akane?" He chuckled a little, taking my hand to help me up from the rocking chair.

"You must've been pretty invested in those books, I already put her to sleep." I smiled gratefully at him as we walked out of Noah's room hand in hand.

"Yeah...maybe," I thought out loud, but also just trying my hardest to stay in this moment forever with Eren. It felt like I was floating every time he did gestures like this, they meant so little in reality but meant so much to me. My mind wandered a lot with sweet gestures, even about Eren himself at random, it was something I've been trying to control as much as possible. He was just too good for me, I feel so undeserving sometimes.

Eren looked back to me when we were at our bedroom door, smiling, reassuring me it was okay. That my thoughts sometimes aren't true. Sometimes I wondered if he knew that his smile calmed me down and that's why he did it but it was wishful thinking.

Eren's POV

I do smile every time I see Mikasa begin to worry, I knew her like I did my favorite book. Reading an listening to her front and back. She told me about her intrusive thoughts many years ago as children when my family took her into our care. My parents knew we never looked at each other as siblings or related, it was always just 'family.' She was my family but not in a way where I was her protector like a brother would but be but in a way where I wanted to make her my own family. I wanted her forever.

"Quiet your mind Mikasa," I continued to smile as she reluctantly did the same. I opened our bedroom door and softly shut it behind us. I let go of her soft hands as she practically ran to bed, jumping into the bed with a thud. She laughed a little and pulled the covers over her body. She closed her eyes a second later.

"Hey, wait for me love," I voiced as we both laughed as I jumped into the pile of sheets with her and most likely breaking a piece of the bedframe.

"You're such a child," Mikasa laughed harder rolling over to face me.

"I was only copying what you did, now what does that make me?" Her laugh began to fade as I carefully wrapped my arms around her waist but her smiled remained.

"Still a child," she whispered into my lips. We kissed tenderly as I started to push her closer to me when she slowly escaped my lips.

"Eren, not now," she looked disappointed.

"And why not?" I grabbed her butt with one of my hands, smirking when I heard her gasp. She rubbed her head into my chest as she stopped gasping.

"Last time Akane heard us and I don't feel like explaining to her what we were doing. I giggled and let go of her butt and back to her waist.

"Alright princess, whatever you say." She rolled her eyes and squirmed around in my grasp, spooning me.

"Hey, you're not the one having to explain to her we have 'pillow fights," she quoted with her hands.

"Alright, that's fair." I sluggishly lay my head on her firm shoulder, she never lost her muscle.

"Mhm." I could see she was starting to close her eyes. "Goodnight Eren."

"Goodnight my love," I whispered back, trying not to think of anything besides this moment. When Mikasa falls asleep, I sometimes struggle to fall asleep. My anxiety increases immensely every night when she closes her eyes, I become terrified I will wake up and she's not there.

I decided to at least try to sleep and reluctantly shut my eyes when I began to hear Noah whine. I sighed and stood up from the bed. I looked down at the sleeping Mikasa as Noah began to whine more.

"I'm coming Noah," I yawned and opened his door, seeing him with his pacifier next to him. Well, that's why he's whining.

"Noah, I cooed, picking him up from his ocean themed crib, "you gotta be quiet or else you'll wake up Mommy and Akane," I whispered more as I put his blue and red binky in his mouth as he sucked on my finger through it. He fell back into slumber shortly after when I heard a knock on the door.

"Oh, what the hell?" I quickly and quietly laid Noah back down in his crib, closing his door and running down the stairs. I looked at the clock on the wall to see who wanted to come here at...let's see 11:00 at night. I opened the door and to no surprise it was Levi.

"Hey Brat, sorry I came so late. Hanji and I picked up some groceries for you and the family." He walked himself in and set the bags on the birch kitchen table.

"At 11:00 at night?!" I questioned and helped him unload the bags.

"Hey, you should be thanking me. Not everyone has a father-in-law who does this," he snapped and I smiled.

"I'm sorry, I just wasn't prepared for visitors.

"I'll be out of your hair in a second, let me just help a little because God knows how much you need it," he sarcastically stated.

"Hey!" I was offended but he was right.

"Don't 'hey' me Jeager."

"I'm sorry."

"As you should be." I helped Levi reach the fizzer.

"Levi, do you think my kids are happy? Do you think they proudly tell their friends who I am or am I just a lazy dad?"

Levi shot a look at me, glaring. "I don't think they would think that, considering you and Mikasa are the only people they don't have a tantrum with." In a weird way, this reassured me. I didn't want our kids faced with a decolate childhood like we all did. We were safe.

I looked in the living room, expecting Scout to wake from the bags noisily were thrown away but he continued to sleep, not a care in the world.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been proud of my work. I hope you enjoy!