-chapter 6-

That night, Mikasa had a dream, or maybe it was considered a nightmare about her confession to Eren.

"Eren...listen...you've always been by at side. Thank you. You showed me how to live with purpose. Thank you. And you...you wrapped this scarf around me. Thank you." Tears were glistening in both our eyes as Eren swiftly moved away. Eren looked back at me, but before he could respond, he was clutched by the smiling titan. My lungs felt as if they were on fire. I couldn't scream, I couldn't cry, all I could do was watch his body be split in half by her immersive teeth.

Mikasa woke up, drenched in sweat as Eren's arm wasn't around my waist as it usually was. Miraculously looking everywhere around the house, she decided to go out to the meadow. She put on her other jacket, since Historia hasn't returned her fathers one yet, and wrapped Eren's scarf around her slender neck. But before she went out, she looked down at her stomach. She was in utter shock that was pregnant, but she honestly couldn't have been happier.

"I know it's only been 3 weeks since I've got to meet you baby, but I can't wait until your in my arms," Mikasa whispered to her stomach as she walked out the door, wrapping an arm around her belly in a protective manner.

In the meadow, Mikasa found Eren sitting in a pile of flowers with his legs crossed like a pretzel. She inched up to him.

"Hey Eren, is everything okay?" Mikasa asked, resting one hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I'm sorry I didn't leave a note for you. I just had a nightmare and didn't want to scare you or the baby," Eren smiled, his teeth showing as Mikasa sat next to him as they looked into the endless path of flowers ahead of them.

"I had a nightmare too, that's why I came looking for you." Eren looked at Mikasa with confusion.

"What happened?"

"You were eaten...by a titan," Mikasa stammered out as tears were rolling down her cheek. Eren moved in front of Mikasa and wiped them clean.

"Mikasa, the war is over, there's no more titans, and I'll always keep you safe," Eren vowed. Mikasa didn't respond, but just lay her head on his masculine shoulder. "Are you and the baby okay now?" Eren placed his hand on Mikasa's now growing stomach.

"Yeah, we're good, I just wanted to make sure you were okay," she said, smiling up at Eren gently. He smiled back, rubbing his hand around Mikasa's stomach.

"I can't wait to meet this baby," Eren spoke.

"Me too," was all Mikasa could say because she felt as if she were on cloud 9. Her dreams were coming true. She got up from her pretzel position as Eren looked at her with a questioning stare.

"Where are you going?" Eren asked, getting up as well.

"I'm starting to get chilly and I thought we could go back home and have some breakfast, how does that sound?" Eren smiled and nodded. They held hands on their way back to Mikasa's cabin house and couldn't stop smiling at each other.

"This baby really is really changing us for the better."