-chapter 3-

Mikasa felt as though she were in a daze, like everything around her was a blur. She could't believe that she saw Eren in front of her.

"Mikasa," Eren slowly walked to her, having his arms stretched out. She wanted to so badly to reject his hug, but her connection with Eren never stopped, even when he would degrade her, she always came running back to him, sometimes she hated herself for it. Mikasa began to walk forward as well.

"Eren," Mikasa looked into his eyes, his emerald green eyes and began to tear up. They got closer and closer to each other. Finally, Mikasa fell into Eren's grasp. She snuggled into his chest and didn't think about letting go. "Why am I not mad?" Mikasa thought.

"I'm so sorry," was all Eren could say. He slowly grabbed Mikasa's chin and made her look at him. They both leaned in slowly as their lips collided soon after. Their lips tangled in a touch and their tongues slowly sliding into each others mouths. After about a minute, they heard a baby cry.

"Jesus, I forgot all about Ymir," Mikasa thought as she ran back over to the stroller to see Ymir with tears in her eyes. Eren followed after her and saw her lifted up a baby. He had no idea if it was hers or not. He started to tear up thinking about her moving on, but did he blame her? He treated her like shit a lot of the time but she still forgave him every time. He wished that he could turn back time and fix all the mistakes he did in the past.

"Eren, this is Ymir. She's Historia's baby." Mikasa said gently as she rocked she back and forth and attempted to calm the crying baby.

"She's beautiful." Eren was in awe by the sight of the baby. "May I hold her?"

"Of course," Mikasa gave Ymir to Eren who held her against his chest. Ymir smiled and rolled around in Eren's arms. Mikasa and Eren both smiled at each other as they were both thinking the same thing. "Eren, we should head home."

"Home," Eren thought. Eren gently smiled at Mikasa who did the same. Mikasa strolled with an empty stroller as Eren quickly followed behind her. He looked around the woods and flashbacks started to spew.

Mikasa on the floor, tied up, those 3 monsters of men.

"Eren, we're here," Mikasa said, unlocking her door to reveal a nicely decorated cabin. It was filled with pictures of Mikasa and her fellow comrades but Eren didn't spot any of him and her. Once again, was he hurt? Yes. But should he be surprised? No.

Mikasa set up Ymir's playpen as Eren watched her in awe. He imagined her taking care of their baby, nursing it, playing with it, and making an amazing mom. The thought itself made him blush.

"Eren, could you please watch Ymir while I make dinner?" Mikasa asked and smiled gently at the sight of Eren now on the floor tickling Ymir. He nodded, putting a pacifier to her mouth as she soon fell asleep in Eren's arms.

Mikasa worked in the kitchen as Eren watched Ymir sleep in his arms. Mikasa really needed to talk to Eren, about what he has done, but she didn't know how, and she also wanted to enjoy his presence. It was like having the old Eren back. Mikasa's thoughts were racing so much, she forgot that dinner was finished.

"Dinners ready!" Mikasa yelled, setting down the folded napkins and placed forks and knifes on top. She had worked hard on dinner tonight since Eren was finally home. Soon she had heard loud footsteps come from the living room and saw Eren and a sleeping Ymir in his chest. Mikasa smiled and took Ymir out of his arms.

"Heey!" Eren whined as Mikasa set Ymir down in her crib which was in Mikasa's room in case anything were to happen. Even though the war has ended and Ymir's curse is gone, there is still just as much crime as there was.

"It's dinner time, not play with Ymir time," Mikasa came from behind Eren and poked his cheek. He jumped out of his chair and almost screamed. She chuckled as she sat herself down.

"Don't do that again Mikasa! You scared me!" Eren bashed as he adjusted himself in his seat, picking up his fork and knife, ready to dig into the food. "I can't wait to have your cooking again, you can only withstand so much bread," Eren and Mikasa both chuckled and grabbed 3 slices of pork each. They scooped each other some mashed potatoes and green beans and enjoyed the food in comfortable silence until the question broke.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Eren asked as Mikasa blushed.

"Way to make it awkward, but no I'm not. I'm living with Armin who's gone for a few days visiting friends and I haven't really talked to anyone in a flirty way...well...besides...you," Mikasa looked down, flustered. Eren was in disbelief. How could she not have a boyfriend by now?

"What about you Eren?" Mikasa asked, regaining her confidence and looking up at him. He blushed and shook his head.

"Nope, why would I when I have the best girl in front of me?" They both blushed.

"Okay Eren, I'm going to walk away now because that was too cheesy," Mikasa said, collecting Eren's dishes. "We seriously need to talk though," Mikasa said, washing the dishes as she sighed.

"What about," Eren asked as he slowly crept behind her and snaked his arms around her waist. Why was he doing this?

"The past, what you've done!" She suddenly got angry as she removed his arms from her waist. "You killed my friends Eren and I still forgive you for it and I hate myself for that." Mikasa began to sob. "Do you realize how much pain you've caused me in the past? Not even during the war, but when we were kids, teenagers, you made me so upset but I thought the way you treated me was okay, but it's not. But I still love you and I don't know how." Mikasa fell to her knees and sobbed at Eren's feet. He was so self centered, he didn't realize he was hurting the most important people in the path.

"Mikasa, listen to me," Eren lightly grabbed Mikasa chin as they looked at each other. "Please, if I have caused you this much pain, leave me. I am so sorry that I have done all of this to you, please realize that. I love you Mikasa."

"I just need some time to think, is that okay?" She asked Eren.

"Of course!" She smiled sadly as she disappeared into her bedroom where a loud scream was heard.