33. Meanings

Harry's POV

"You seriously didn't ask her out yet?!" Louis exclaimed, loud enough so anyone around could hear it.

I panicked, looking up in front of me in an instant. But to my relief, she didn't seem to notice his sudden comment, walking with a few metres in front of the two of us with the other boys. They never stopped laughing since we got off the car, that got a little too crowded when we all tried to fit in. But as we wouldn't walk the long distance at night, and neither park the ostentatious car in front of a simple house to drag more attention than needed, we just got off when we entered the modest neighbourhood.

"What the hell, Lou!" I hissed at him, slapping the back of his head.

"Hey! Relax, she's not listening to me. Her attention is somewhere else." he winked, while rubbing his head carefully.

I smiled, watching April again, this time laughing at something that Liam had apparently said, and slapping him playfully. Niall tried to hold her back, while Zayn shook his head in amusement with a big grin on his lips. Of course, from the moment she did everything to mock "Daddy Direction" back at our home, to the point where she sat on his lap in the crowded car, it was obvious that they were getting along. They barely even knew each other, and they were already teasing like brother and sister. But not only this, the way all the boys reacted to her surprised me, as I thought that they were generally not too happy with me in her presence. Yet, she managed to make Liam look completely carefree, thing that was really rare, make the shy Zayn feel like himself with a person he didn't know well and Niall actually sharing some of our leftovers of pizza with her. She was making miracles without even knowing it.

"You can't bring this subject up like that..." I finally sighed, a few chuckles coming from Louis.

"So I guess the answer is no."

"I just... always do something wrong." I whined, kicking a random rock with my foot. "The magazines, the Starbucks meeting, the donation that got her fired..."

"Aw, look who's head over heels for our concert fan." Louis cooed after a short break, pinching my cheeks, but I wiped his hand away.

"I'm serious." I said, rolling my eyes, although a small smile crept on my lips. "I can't even believe that I'm walking behind her right now."

"You fought a lot for this girl." he murmured absently, getting both of us swallowed by the silence of our steps in the street lights.

I was looking aimlessly in the distance, following the blue dress blown by the gentle wind, when I felt a sudden pain behind my head.

"Louis, what--"

"You fought a lot for this girl," he repeated, raising his voice, "And you still didn't ask her out?! I understand that love blinds you but I never knew about the fooling part."

"What are you talking about, I'm...I'm not..."I began, but I stupidly realised I couldn't finish my sentence.

No matter how much I struggled, the only thing that appeared in my mind was her smile, her touch, everything about her that intoxicated me. From the moment I let myself get addicted to her, She had been everywhere in my life. And still, I never did anything. It was obvious that there had to be something between the two of us, that she had to have a reason for letting me in her life. And still, I had the feeling that if I weren't careful enough she would slip out of my hands at any moment.

It was incredible how some memories could still be so lively in my mind...

"I'm so lost, Lou." I murmured, looking down at my feet.

"Well, I suggest you to find your way back on the road quickly. I'm positively sure that you're not going to have some extraordinary chances like these again."