17. Losing hope

Hey there! Sorry for the long wait. Here's Harry's point of view! Also, there will be a little, subtle surprise in this chapter, so don't miss it out! ^^

Song inspired for this chapter: "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz.

Harry's POV

'One more try', I thought.

My eyes scanned over the same crowd of people, again and again. As expected, there was no result. I couldn't believe that it was the third time I ended up here today, but I had no other idea where to go. This is harder than I expected...

I guess there is no second chance for me. Well, actually, I've already had my second chance, so I can't ask for more. That was all I'd get.

I collapsed on the first bench I saw, breathing heavily. It's already the fifth day since I began wandering London's streets, and I was slowly losing my hope. I was exhausted.

"Oh, come on! Don't tell me that you've already got tired, we still have places to check out! Stand up." Louis commanded, coming in front of me with a disapproving look on his face, but I could see that he was also tired. I placed my head in my hands, as Louis let out a long, annoyed sound.

"I told you that you shouldn't have come with me. It's useless." I mumbled, still not looking at him.

"Harry..." Louis said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I felt his body warmth next to me, so I supposed that he'd also sat down.

"I can't do it anymore, Lou. There's no good in continuing this stupid search.'' I sighed, as my will was silently giving away.

"Hazza, stop it. You can't tell me that you gave up. We just need to keep trying and..." he said reassuringly, but I cut him off.

"But what's the point?" I exclaimed, finally looking at him. "This is useless, Louis! It's already the fifth day since we started this, and it did nothing good! We can't keep it up forever. I just need to admit that I'm never going to see her again.."

"No, Harry." Louis said firmly. "You have to stop thinking that way. Yes, maybe we coldn't find her, but you can't give up now. Not when you've come so far."

We stayed in silence for a few minutes, blankly watching people carrying shopping bags heading towards the building of the shopping centre or returning to their cars. When I spoke, my voice had no emotion in it.

"It's been a week."

"Huh?" Louis said, snapping his head in my direction.

"Today is Friday, isn't it? It's been a week since...the concert at the theatre." my voice cracked up a bit at the end, but I cleared my throat and continued,

"We don't even know if she lives here. Or her full name. And we can't wander the streets everyday. I-I think I need to forget about ..."

"Haz, listen to me." he said, as I turned my head back to look at him. "Look at how far you got! How much you've tried everyday, giving up on every single break between the last few concerts! This must mean something."

"Maybe it means that I'm an idiot. Why do I even do this? I don't know her, and she obviously doesn't want to know me. This is...This is not me." I sighed.

Louis smiled slightly, making me look confused at him.

"What?"

"You like her." he chuckled.

I felt a sudden warmth in my cheeks, followed by Louis grinning even more. Am I...blushing? God, I'm acting like a bloody girl!

"I don't." I mumbled, looking away.