5. More than this

Every girl in the room screamed and sighed in disappointment at the same time. Including Liz.

"Damn. So close." she whispered. I felt her hand laying on my shoulder.

"April?" she said, shaking me. I kept my eyes closed.

"Come up here, girl!" a voice said.

I slowly opened my eyes, realizing that the light was gone. I looked up to see that the voice was coming from the black-haired guy who was talking into the microphone. As I wasn't moving, thousands of thoughts running through my head, Liz stood up and pushed me towards the stage.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Please, don't make me do that!" I begged, while Liz was pushing me to the stage stairs.

"Everyone else would pay for this chance! Shut up and go!" Liz whispered to me.

I hesitated. The people were getting more and more impatient. Great. Now they'll think that I passed out of excitement.

"Just go!" Liz said, pushing me up on the stage, making me stumble over my own feet in front of hundreds of people. They all chuckled, and my cheeks were set on fire.

Awkward. I just simply felt awkward as everyone was staring at the shy girl that froze there, while I was glaring at the giant room full of people. So yeah, I guess you could say that I was frightened by the stage. But how could I know? I'd never actually tried to test that.

I heard someone whispering to me.

"Are you scared?" I turned around to see the curly boy, smiling at me. I just nodded.

"It's okay." he said, avoiding to speak in the microphone. I've heard the tall boy with chestnut hair saying for everyone,

"Alright, this is More than this." as the first notes of the song spread around the theatre and people screamed in excitement.

I felt suddenly dizzy. The boy who announced the song started to sing the first lyrics. I didn't move from my position, but I saw the curly boy coming closer to me. As he began his part, he raised one hand, waiting for me. Still smiling.

And standing right there, I forgot everything. I couldn't remember that I was supposed to hate that boy, I wasn't even sure about my name anymore. I've just put my hand into his, a shy smile appearing on my face.

That moment was like... Magic.

I kept gazing into his blue eyes as he was singing, looking only at me. And he seemed to be very honest, like he actually meant what he was saying.

When the blond guy began his part, I felt the hand that was holding mine dragging me gently towards another boy, with brown hair and green eyes, who was grinning at me. I smiled back, as he started to sing too.

Soon, the boy with chestnut hair, the black-haired and the blond one came closer to us,smiling warmly at me. And I've just moved around each of them grinning, dancing and spinning even though I wasn't a great dancer. I forgot about the theater and the hundreds of persons gazing at me, as I was beginning to have fun around the lads.

Finally, I stopped besides the curly boy, who took my hand once again, and sang his last part, that I had already learnt very well.

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside,

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this, yeah,

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

It just won't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

When he lays you down,

I might just die inside,

It just don't feel right,

'Cause I can love you more than this,

Can love you more than this.

I think I could say that everything was perfect. The only think that I could see was him. As I was still looking into his eyes, screaming came from the fans and everyone clapped their hands. I turned my head to the room, remembering that there were other people in here too. I couldn't believe that I actually danced in front of them, as I looked down at my feet in embarrassment.

After another minutes of clapping and cameras flashing, the boy that was still holding my hand led me to the side of the stage. When I wanted to go down, he dragged me back and whispered,

"Don't leave too early, okay?" and he smirked at me.

Right when I was going to nod and smile warmly, the reality hit me so bad, making me wake up from the dream. Oh my God.

What had I done? Oh, please, no. That had to be a nightmare; I had to be dreaming.

I looked shocked and a little terrified at that boy. I mumbled quickly,

"I-I'm sorry, I c-can't." my voice was shaking. "Look, you h-have to go". As I said that, I pulled my hand out from his, and I ran down the stage. Liz caught me when I stumbled on the stairs.

"Easy, easy!" she whispered. "Is there anything wrong, April? You're white as a ghost!"

"Can we just... go? Please. I... don't feel very well." I told her.

She nodded slowly.

"Of course. There isn't very much left from the concert anyway. I think I'll survive." She tried to smile, but I knew how much I was asking for. "Come on, let's go."

I could see that this was a big effort for her, leaving behind the only thing that she always hoped to see. But I was so tired and shocked, that I couldn't think anymore about the idea of me being selfish. I just slowly walked between the seats, with Liz holding her hand on my back, looking worried like she was expecting me to pass out. And maybe I was going to do that. The only thing I could think of now was that all this was too much. I can't. I simply can't face it at the moment.

We managed to get in front of the big doors and Liz opened one for me. I looked back at the stage, and I saw that the boys were announcing something to the public. And I saw the curly one, who was there for me when I couldn't move a muscle, looking exactly at me. I gazed with a serious look at him for a moment, after turning around and walking outside in the suddenly cold weather.