26. Confessions

April's POV

"Seriously, Harry? Starbucks?"

I made myself more comfortable into Harry's grey coat, as I looked up at the random coffee shop. I peered through the thick glass in front of me, as I noticed that it was surprisingly empty for one of London’s favourite stores.

"What? It's my own little hide-out." Harry smiled down at me, as I was already following him inside the small, stylish coffee shop. Just as I presumed, there were only a few people seated there, that didn't even bother to look up when we entered. That was a good sign…probably.

We both went up to order our coffees, and soon found ourselves sitting down at a table that hopefully wouldn’t place us in the middle of the attention. I took Harry’s coat off of my shoulders, but I didn’t give it back to him. There was its addicting scent of him imprinted on it, and I didn’t exactly want to let it go…

Did I just compliment Harry’s smell?

“So…” he began, but didn’t bother to continue. From the second I glanced at him I could recognize the intense look he was giving me, like he was trying to read in my soul. It wasn’t entirely strange, as it kind of…flattered me. No one had ever been paying so much attention to me in what felt like ages.

I had to admit, though, that the silence was awkward. I tried to avoid looking at him as much as possible, but I could feel his eyes digging holes in me. None of us spoke a word; the only thing coming from our table was the sound of me sipping from the coffee. I was siently wondering what he was thinking about.

I risked looking up, regretting it almost immediately. He was still fixing me with a deep gaze, as it seemed that his green irises were shining with happiness. Wait, green?

“Are your eyes always changing?” I whispered, remembering the last time I saw them a different colour.

“Yeah, kind of.” Harry laughed shortly, taking a sip from his coffee for the first time.

“They are…nice.” I spoke absently, before even realizing it. I mentally slapped myself. Nice one, April.

He just smiled. A big, genuine smile plastered on his pink lips that soon made me mirror it. Maybe…there really was something about that grin.

“How are you feeling?” he asked out of the blue, after a couple of silent seconds.

“Um, fine, I think?” I responded in surprise.

“No, I mean, aren’t you sick anymore?” Harry continued, with a concerned look on his face.

Was that concern? Was he really  worried about...me? Why?

“Oh, err... I’m good. No more sickness for the moment.” I chuckled weakly. “I’m sorry for earlier, though.”

“You don’t have to. I’m sorry that I was the reason that made you run like that.” he said cheekily.

“Shut up.” I murmured. “It’s your fault that you’re some celebrity girls are fainting over.”

“Excuse me, my fault? They love me, I can’t help that.” He laughed, acting hurt.

“Well, technically, you can’t actually love a person you don’t know.” I said proudly, but Harry pouted.

“Why not?”

“In the first place, probably because the person you supposedly love doesn’t even know you exist?” I sighed, avoiding his gaze. “You think that you know everything about them, when they never really cared about you or your existence. They…pretend to appreciate you, signing some stupid things and maybe taking a picture or two, and they soon forget that they had even met you. How can you love a person that does that?”