48. Reason to be - part 2

“Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.”  -Stephenie Meyer.

I was reading the same paragraph for the fourth time, when I realised that even with my headphones on, I couldn’t concentrate on the story. I turned the volume louder once more, until it reached the maximum, and I tried to read again. Unsuccessful.

 The only words I could hear in my mind were ‘today is the day’. My every instinct was telling me to go outside and say my final goodbye, but ration was the one that kept me in my spot, right next to the window. But I refused to look out, to see the people who were hopelessly begging me to come out and talk.  Oh, how I wanted to go.

When I finally decided that I could fully turn my attention to the story, someone violently pulled the headphones out of my ears, making me jump out of my skin and almost drop the book from my arms. I looked up with a tired expression on my face; I already knew who was staring at me angrily.

“Yes, Liz?” I asked with a bored tone.

“You have to go and say goodbye, April.” she sighed, placing her hand on her hips.

I shrugged.

“No.”

“Oh, come on, they’ve been begging for half an hour and it’s really time for them to go. At least go see the others. I promise Harry won’t be there.”

“Yes, he will.”

Liz sighed in exasperation, covering her face with her hands, but I pretended not to notice. I like acting nonchalant and like I didn’t care at all; it helped me hide how much I was hurting inside.

“Ugh, why must you be such a stubborn kid?!”

“I’m not.” I muttered, turning the page of the book slowly.

“It’s their last day, April. They’re leaving, and they won’t come back until winter! Do you really want to let things end like this?”

I shrugged again, pressing my lips together.

“You didn’t even give him a chance to explain and you’re already walking out. You weren’t like that.” Liz whispered with a tired voice.

“There is nothing to explain. You saw the interview. You saw what he had done. I don’t want to have anything to do with him anymore.”

She didn’t open her mouth again, and silence fell among us for what felt like an eternity. When she finally spoke again, she only said one word;

“Fine.”

And with that, she turned around to leave. But just before leaving my room, she stopped.

“You really should eat something. Your grandma is cooking.”

I waited for her to disappear from my sight, until I brought my hand on my stomach and rubbed in gently. I had barely eaten anything in the past few weeks and it was constantly protesting, but I couldn’t keep anything in. I also slept a lot and did nothing. I had quit my job at the pool. All I wanted to do was sit on my bed and do nothing all day, and everything was because of him. At least I hadn’t cried yet.

This time, I listened closely the voices outside my window when Liz came in front of my house to tell them that I wouldn’t come down. The boys fell silent and probably sighed, but then they told her to remind me how much they  would miss me and that they loved me. Well, at least four of them said that. The only thing he said was;

“I’m so sorry.”

I cringed; his words were too clear and loud for them to be addressed to Liz only. He knew my window was open. He knew I could hear.

After a few more minutes, I eventually heard their car leave, and I listened again to the wind of a day in the beginning of August. And when I was sure that they were gone for good, a single, warm tear was shed on a dusty page.

******

Haiiii guiseee :’)

Omg I’ve made it so far, I didn’t think I would ever get to this point. And it’s all thank to you, my lovely minions, because I would be nothing without you! Thank youuu <3

Sososo the boys are gone, finally leaving for their tour! But what about Harry and April? Will they ever be able to fix the mistake that had been made? Will April ever find out the truth behind the interview? Well one thing is for sure; YOU HAVE TO READ MORE TO FIND OUT! ^_^

Opinions? Questions? Likes/ dislikes? I want to hear them all!

I’m leaving town this week, going to the seaaaaside to get tanned and ‘accidentally’ jump on hot guys in the water :3 Yay! So, 7 comments and 7 votes for PART 2!! I know you can do it :)

Ilyyyy

~Lilly~