the truth.

🎼And I'm so afraid
That in the end, you'll leave again
I know that it's pathetic, what was I to do?
I wear a mask again so I could see you.

-
Third Person POV

"Kaycee, lets dance." Sean called her while taking of his hands from his pockets.

"Sure!" Kaycee said and smiled at him. Kaycee took Sean's hands and Sean lead her to the dance floor.

Right when they arrived the fast song changed to a slow song signaling for Sean to place his hands on Kaycee's waist and for Kaycee to place her hands around Sean's neck. They started dancing and Kaycee could really feel her heart beating really fast to the point it's going to explode soon. Sean.....well....he felt the same. He still don't know why he hasn't told Kaycee about his feelings yet. Well, he was scared that Kaycee might not feel the same way as him. However, Kaycee Rice is aware that she needs to stop this right now because if they continue she might not be able to stop her feelings for him.

"Sean?" Kaycee called his attention. She's trying to end this 'relationship' now.

"Yes, Kayc?" Sean answered back.

"Can we stop this?" Kaycee said which made Sean shock. Sean wanted to make this fake relationship to a real one but now, that Kaycee is trying to stop it, he's losing hope.

"Why?" Sean asked, he had a thousand things in his mind right now but he can barely say it in front of her.

"Because.... Because... Umm... I- no, never mind." Kaycee answered not wanting to raise the tension. So, she ran out the door not wanting to speak to him. She ran to the school roof top where she would always go when she had to think and needed air. She cried because it already hurts. She's fallen in love with the wrong person. He was showing to much affection towards her that she sometimes forget that it was all just an act.

Sean ran after her a few minutes after she ran away. He doesn't know where would Kaycee be at right now. He went to the school garden at first but she realized she wasn't there. Until he remembered Kaycee telling him that when she needed air she'll always be at the school roof top. He ran up to the school roof top and saw that Kaycee was over there staring at the starts in the sky. He walked towards her very lightly not wanting to make a noise.

"Kaycee, why do you want to stop." Kaycee heard Sean speak so, she wiped her tears and faced him. Sean wanted to hear her out because he was having a great time at the ball until Kaycee said that. He doesn't know why Kaycee wanted to stop but deep inside he wishes it's because she feels the way towards him.

"Just forget it. I'll just go home." Kaycee said and tried to walk away but Sean was quick ang grabbed her hand.

"You're not leaving here until you tell me why!" Sean said to Kaycee still holding her hands. He wants to hear her out and know her reason on why she wants to end this.

"Sean my reasons are pretty useless. And plus, we both know that Tate is already jealous over us. She already wants you two to be together again. So, I don't know why we're still doing this anyway." All she wants to do is go home and move one already but, she knows that Sean wouldn't let her until she tells him the reason.

"Kaycee, just tell me please." Sean said begging Kaycee to tell her reasons.

"Sean, I l- I'm sorry I just can't" Kaycee said tears already falling down from her eyes.

"Damn It! Kaycee!! You can't just end this and not tell me the reason! Kaycee just tell me the God Damn Rea-" Sean said and was cut off by Kaycee.

"Sean, I'm in love with you! And you don't know how hard it is to hear you talking about how much you love Tate knowing that that's not me!" Kaycee started crying in front of Sean. "I've always wanted to tell you this but I'm afraid that our friendship would be awkward and you would just not notice me around anymore. So, I just hid this feeling but the moment we had a plan to use me as a fake girlfriend I agreed right away because for once I'll experience having you as a boyfriend even though it's just a fake." Sean removed his hands from Kaycee and she thought he didn't feel the same way. "I'm sorry that I love you." Kaycee cried. "Sean, lets stop please. Please let's stop this." Kaycee begged and cried.

Sean was about to say something however, Kaycee didn't want to hear Sean say anything because she just ran out of the rooftop leaving Sean dumbfounded.

Sean wanted to run after her but he just can't move. Once she's out of the rooftop he said,

"I'm in love with you too, Kaycee." Sean said with tears running from his eyes.

-
And the truth is out☺️

I hope you like this chapter! And of course please Like, Comment, and Share🥰